Global Food Preservation Purchasing Category Manager
Purchasing & Sourcing
REGULAR DAY AT WORK (ESSENTIAL DUTIES):
For us going to work every day has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By being sustainable and open to new ideas we can push the boundaries of cooking, cleaning, and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
The Global Product Line Purchasing Category Manager is responsible for managing global compressor categories across multiple business areas with a specific focus on North and South America business areas.
- Coordinate and direct data research, analytics, and management to support the global category strategies.
- Lead the development of annual category budgets and 5-year strategic plans for focus Business Areas, identifying opportunities and risks.
- Coordination of NA/LA activities to generate initiatives and projects to deliver productivity targets.
- Lead internal and external analysis (industry & supplier) as a member of a cross-functional sourcing team
- Provide indirect and collaborative leadership to the IndOp purchasing teams to ensure on-time project execution & implementation of category strategies.
- Coordinate, participate, prepare, and support RFQ’s across multiple Business Areas and other strategic sourcing activities.
- Manage and evaluate contractual agreement terms to ensure compliance within individual Business Areas and across multiple Business Areas.
- Assist in the implementation and expansion payment terms (NOWC).
- Evaluate and propose actions and initiatives around simplification and complexity reduction and ensure actions and initiatives are aligned globally.
- Lead in negotiations and use creative ways to drive value by the utilization of Value Based Sourcing.
- Maximize buying efficiency, minimize supply disruption, and financial risks across all Business Areas.
WHO YOU ARE:
- Ours is a dynamic, fast-paced environment that asks for flexibility and agility.
- You build trust, good working relationships and communicate effectively with your colleagues and across functions.
- You want to know everything about everything – then you take it all apart and put it back together.
- For you, every challenge offers opportunity and potential. You just have to find it.
- You are driven to succeed and focused on leading your team to achieve.
- You can join the dots to take us from where we are to where we want to be, mapping the clear routes and strategies essential to achieving our goals.
We employ great people from a wide variety of backgrounds – not just because it’s the right thing to do, but also because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, come find your place in our global community. Meet us on @lifeatelectrolux and career.electroluxgroup.com to learn more.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- University degree (Industrial/Mechanical/Electrical Engineer or Economics background is an asset).
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in purchasing in a multinational environment.
- Adaptability to changing inputs and challenging situations.
- Ability to work in a dynamic, multicultural environment, strong cooperation skills.
- Availability for regular international traveling.
- Fluent in English, any other language is an asset.