Global IT Head of Cloud and Data Center
Create and drive the digital transformation towards everything-cloud to shape living for the better
One of the core elements of Electrolux’ strategy is to capitalize on the tremendous digitalization opportunities through embracing new technology/IoT and end consumer relationship. We are exploiting exciting opportunities in the cloud, mobility, security and connected appliances (IoT) domains. This means that we have an ambitious and exciting roadmap to deliver on and supporting key business functions like Group communication, Marketing, Sales and Human Resources with this role.
For our Global IT Operations team we are after a Global IT Head of Cloud and Data Center, an energetic, inspirational change leader to drive innovation within the cloud (focus area) and data center as one of the key enabler for our digital journey.
Your mission in this role will be to enhance business productivity and drive business value through best in class Cloud technology Platforms, hosting technology (IaaS, PaaS and SaaS), business continuity, and cost-efficient services to all internal and external users by developing Roadmaps, solutions and services based on customer insights by cloud first approach.
You will also proactively lead the roadmap for the global Data Centers hosting more than 2K servers with hundreds of applications running on key platforms like Windows, AIX and Linux, providing services across the globe for business-critical applications like SAP and e-commerce applications for more than 40 countries. You will be working within a matrix environment managing more than 50 people in the organization providing operational excellence and efficiencies in cloud model, managed services and hybrid environment.
You will lead a direct team of 7 who are spread across the world (it’s a cool team comprised of architects – for example Identity & Access Management, Cloud, Monitoring and Event Management and DC Managers) with a total size of the extended team of approx. 50 people. You will be a member of Global IT Operations leadership team, reporting to the VP IT Operations and Technology.
Times are really exciting at Electrolux! We are on a digital transformation journey and we expect you to be the driving force to lead the way towards providing productivity and business value, efficiency and enhancements via Cloud enablement as innovation platform and Data Center solutions and services to support critical Business applications like SAP, B2B, C4C, High performance computing and core infra including Identity and Access management. This is a great opportunity for a change-driven IT professional, offering the possibility to set and own a Cloud and Data Center Strategy and Roadmap in diverse and multicultural environment where you can not only make a difference for thousands of employees across the globe but for our customer and consumers.
The role is based in our global headquarters office in Stockholm/Stadshagen and you will be travelling across Europe for approx. approx. 40% of the time.
A regular day at work
• Act as a Cloud evangelist, helping people understand the benefits, challenges and implications of adopting cloud, and helping the teams move to cloud
• Develop the strategy and deliver innovation for global standards in Cloud and Data Center solutions by leveraging best practice and collaboration with regional teams
• Cloud and Data Center Strategy, Development, Maintenance and Operation of global standards for
Converged and elastic IT infrastructure capabilities using technologies such as Hypervisor, Openstack, Docker and other open source frameworks
Cloud Solutions and Services (IaaS , PaaS and SaaS)
Data center automation/orchestration including provisioning, networking (within data center), usage/billing procedures, monitoring
SAP or equivalent ERP hosting knowledge with Business continuity planning
Global data center services such as server provisioning, Storage, backup, DR using cloud providers, Platform for authentication and identity management services (Active Directory, TIM), Monitoring, Capacity management, Data center advisory, Disaster recovery
• Ensure proper IT planning in close cooperation with stakeholders, partner with key stakeholders to define opportunities, identify and prioritize projects based on predefined criteria (return on investment, productivity, compliance, etc.)
• Work closely with key technology partners and leverage their capabilities and our contracts to maximize their value adds
• Actively communicate/collaborate with the DevOps scrum teams
• Budgeting, costing and charging models and staff responsibilities
Who you are
International. You enjoy to work in a truly global environment and you like to deliver in cross-functional teams
Collaborative leader. You have exceptional collaboration skills, proven ability to form strong cross-functional relationships with varying business partners in global setups
Great listener and communicator. You have outstanding communication skills and have the ability to convince, influence and engage executive stakeholders, peers, and colleagues on the digital journey
Engaging motivator. It’s natural for you to motivate, challenge and lead the progressive development of people fostering a culture of accountability and ownership
Cloud native. You are passionate about technology and it’s in your DNA to seek how IT and businesses translates into cloud-everything approaches
Change-evangelist. You have been driving change management and you are eager to transform the business
Agile. You like working in a fast moving environment, being open to new opportunities and evolving priorities and flexible in the way you deliver against strict deadlines and dealing with ambiguity
Business acumen. You strive to get a strong business understanding in the context of technology and you are able to evaluate risks and opportunities in a manner that is likely to lead to a good outcome
• 10+ years senior management experience, with proven record of business and people leadership in a multi-cultural and matrix environment
• Previous experience in cloud technologies for datacenter as well as experience of cloud transformation
• Experience on one or more Cloud Service providers is required e.g. Microsoft Azure, IBM or AWS
• Broad understanding and experience within IT and business continuity
• Previous experience managing third party resources and services in an on/offshore model
• Experience of identifying, structuring and implementing IT solutions in a project environment
Contact person: Ana Timofei – Talent Acquisition Partner