Global Manufacturing Engineer Project Manager
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
- Drive assigned Manufacturing Engineering projects and new Product Industrialization projects.
- Team-member (representing Man. Eng.) in the New Product Projects.
- Define and improve manufacturing equipment and tooling to be implemented in BA Projects.
- Implement specific Man. Eng. actions for new Product Projects or other Man. Eng. Projects (Capacity increase, Efficiency,
- Improvements, Re-engineering….) in cooperation with Plant Man. Eng.
- Perform the manufacturability analysis of new Products.
- Support cost analysis together with Plant Lean Engineering
- Participate in PFMEA.
- Participation in pre-series of new Products.
- Prepare technical specification of equipment and tooling including safety and environment according to Global
- Manufacturing Engineering Guidelines.
- Supervise equipment installation, in cooperation with Plant Manufacturing Engineering.
- Analyze technological innovations. Be the Interface with Suppliers, Technical Purchasing and Plant Maintenance.
- Support efficiency programs, Quality/Safety improvements (including detectability analysis) in cooperation with Plant Manufacturing Engineering
- Support production feasibility analysis in virtual environments and ensure implementation of digital manufacturing solution.
- Co-operate and align with Global team strategy planning for automation/Factory Model/Digital.
- Support on the development of new Architectures according “Ready for Automation”
- Cooperate with Capex team to ensure the best and cost effective capital equipment acquisition.
- Planning and optimization of new systems and Equipment.
- Supporting Sector / Local ME in new projects.
- Support factory metrics of Quality/Cost/Delivery
- Bachelors degree in Mechanical Engineering and 5+ years experience in related field with proven track record of success.
- Strong understanding of DFMA principles and practice.
- Strong drive to ensure flexibility in new equipment.
- Understand the specific details that make an automated assembly or manufacturing system flexible for future products.
- Understanding of robotic controls and PLCs.
- Ability to travel both domestically and internationally, both individually and as part of a team.