Global ME Automation Program Manager
Job Description/ Objectives
Driving the Global Automation Program, coordinating the Automation Leaders in product lines and business areas to achieve the global automation targets.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
• Manage the Global Automation Program, providing monthly reports on Global Industrial Operations and Business Plan Deployment meetings.
• Be the global reference for Automation Program of all automation in current and new factories within Global Manufacturing Engineering and with other departments
• Monthly follow up with all Business Areas and Product Lines on Automation targets, as well as automation concept reviews and priority setting
• Process definition and support to Business Areas for Automation Assessments - General and Specific (Automation, AGV, Cobots, Vision, Bin-Picking, …)
• Coordinate the PL Automation Leaders and BA Automation Leaders on automation assessments, automation concept definition, Automation Level and Index, for new Platforms and for SMART automations.
• Drive the Standardization program, with focus on Standard Automation Cells, Standard Components, ensuring its application on Automation projects.
• Define the Design for Automation guidelines, standards and trainings.
• Conversion Cost reduction through Automation.
• Direct Labor reduction
• Automation Level and Automation Index
• Automation Capital Expenditure
• Technical Automation Targets (number of robots, cobots, AGVs, …)
• Defined Deadlines for Automation Program
Position requirements/ knowledge, skills & abilities
• Engineering University degree (Bachelor or Master) with over 10y professional experience in industrial automation and project management.
• Proven experience on Industrial Automation programs in manufacturing industry and similar.
• Strong technical and management skills within inter-cultural organization
• Experience on Robot implementations for Automated cells
• Good communication and collaboration Skills
• Good analytical and methodical problem solving skills
• Ability to work in multicultural teams, open and innovative mindset Goal-oriented, persevering, focused on quality and meeting deadlines.
• Available to travel internationally