Global Metal Transformation Process Engineer
Purchasing & Sourcing
REGULAR DAY AT WORK (Essential Duties):
For us going to work every day has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By being sustainable and open to new ideas we can push the boundaries of cooking, cleaning, and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
We are looking forward to welcome in our team a process leader able to go the extra mile, work with cross functional teams and suppliers in converting ideas and concepts into projects and actions to satisfy our customers’ needs. Interested in understanding the tooling, equipment, and process around metal transformation in most efficient and productive form, to maximize cost structure, quality, service, and building baseline for continuous improvement.
- Oversight of all outsourced tool efficiently and monitoring of stamped parts through the various fabrication processes in accordance with our finishing and final assembly requirements, ensuring all processes are properly followed and quality levels are maintained or exceeded.
- Develop process for end to end supply base simplification, supplier accountability (measured to Quality, Delivery, Cost, and Technology targets), and leading activities and grant a successful development phase of the plans in Electrolux Major Appliances, leading the relationships with suppliers and internal stakeholders.
- Generate initiatives and projects to deliver on the required productivity targets (identify and support Supplier Development opportunities, scrap reduction etc.).
- Responsible and accountable for achievement of targets as defined by management and KPI’s.
- Develop and drive the best sourcing strategy for this global category.
- Ensure through Value-Based Sourcing the best quality, capacity, flexibility, and cost solution achieved.
- Foster innovation input from suppliers and promote it into the Electrolux organization.
WHO YOU ARE:
- Both reactive and proactive, you work efficiently and flexibly to deliver results.
- You ask and you listen, you take ideas on board and work with your team, taking everyone in the same direction.
- You start and you finish, taking responsibility for getting things done, on time and to high quality, tying up all the loose ends along the way.
- You set the pace and the priorities, and then you bring a methodical approach to meeting your goals.
- You aim to fix any issue the first time, following up as needed to reach a resolution that satisfies the customer.
- You can join the dots to take us from where we are to where we want to be, mapping the clear routes and strategies essential to achieving our goals.
We employ great people from a wide variety of backgrounds – not just because it’s the right thing to do, but also because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, come find your place in our global community. Meet us on @lifeatelectrolux and career.electroluxgroup.com to learn more.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- 10+ years of relevant experience in Capex and tooling management.
- Knowledge of process’s for end use (Slitting, blanking, painting, stamping, tooling).
- 25% - 50% domestic and international travel is required.
- Languages: Fluent in English, any other language is a plus.