Global Purchasing Project Manager
A REGULAR DAY AT WORK (Essential Duties):
For us going to work every day has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By being sustainable and open to new ideas we can push the boundaries of cooking, cleaning, and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
this role you will represent
Purchasing on the project team and own all related project deliverables, attend
project review meetings and communicate relevant information within Purchasing
and Participate and prepare for project checkpoints, ensuring all deliverables
are achieved on time. You will work with the Category Management team to
understand and deploy category strategy within projects, support and coordinate
RFQ’s, and coordinate negotiations and supplier business awards with the team.
You will work to fulfill project milestone deliverables, including opening
purchasing orders and checkpoint deliverables.
With the Value-based-sourcing (VBS) initiatives we drive, through the involvement of key suppliers in the development stage, globally harmonized technical and commercial solutions. By co-designing suppliers’ production process and the components, we want, we guarantee the best-in-class quality, cost and flexibility for our customers globally. Using Value Based Sourcing principles, you will promote early supplier involvement to drive cross functional collaboration and achievement of cost, quality, and schedule requirements. You will work to facilitate teamwork and ensure a coordinated VBS approach cross categories.
- Track the project progress, sourcing status, and other relevant information through a data-driven sourcing tool while monitoring and taking action to ensure project schedule is met
- Report Purchasing progress to the project team and Purchasing Leadership
- Involve internal stakeholders (R&D, SD, Q, Design…) at early stage on VBS activities, aiming to create value through effective innovation with strategic suppliers.
- Support preparations for Sourcing Board, and coordinate supplier tooling quoting and ordering in cooperation with Category Management team
- Participate in Make vs Buy analysis to optimize product and operation costs
- Support and coordinate cost modeling and estimating, as well as coordinating Value Based Sourcing, in cooperation with Commodity Management team, including Early Supply Involvement and Commodity Workshops
- Support and coordinate supplier capacity and utilization reviews, in cooperation with Commodity Management team
- Facilitate supplier-led innovation and coordinate with key internal stakeholders, acting as escalation point for cross function team interactions with suppliers
WHO YOU ARE:
- Ours is a dynamic, fast-paced environment that asks for flexibility and agility.
- Both reactive and proactive, you work efficiently and flexibly to deliver results.
- With an eye for detail and the ability to interpret complex data, you can also translate this into meaningful, useful information that informs decision-making.
- You build trust, good working relationships and communicate effectively with your colleagues and across functions.
- You can make yourself understood and are a good listener.
- You have a vision and a purpose, and you can inspire and influence others to not only share it, but apply their abilities to achieving it.
- You can work autonomously but will never be on your own, working proactively to identify the opportunities and implement the plan.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (Minimum Qualifications):
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in engineering and/or have specialties in project management
- 5+ years of experience in relevant purchasing or project management roles
- Minimum 2 years experience with Cost Modeling, Data Mining and possess advanced Excel skills with the ability to generate effective reports that manage large data sets
- Experience in executing strategic initiatives that drive performance and have experience leading multiple complex projects
- Fluent in English