Global Senior Buyer
Purchasing & Sourcing
For us going to work every day has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By being sustainable and open to new ideas we can push the boundaries of cooking, cleaning, and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
In this role you will provide Global Category ownership for several Business Area, develop and retain strong supplier relationships and work to manage partnerships with cross functional teams and internal stakeholders. You will work to ensure the award of businesses to the best suppliers through project negotiations, using advanced tools as refined cost models, Supplier Development methodologies, etc. fulfilling the targets of cost, quality and flexibility. You will support the development of annual budgets and 5-year strategic plans for the Business Area identifying opportunities and risks and be responsible for data research, analytics, and management of direct material category strategies. You will generate initiatives and projects to deliver productivity targets and lead internal and external analysis (industry & supplier) as a member of a cross-functional sourcing team. You will work with the Global Lead Category Manager and Business Area Category Managers to build and deploy a category strategy that aligns all Business Areas requirements and help to identify potential contract improvement opportunities & re-negotiations.
A regular day of work
Manage and evaluate contractual agreement terms to ensure compliance as well as prepare, participate, and support RFQ and other strategic sourcing activities.
Evaluate and propose actions and initiatives around simplification and complexity reduction and assist in the implementation and expansion payment terms & Cash flow (NOWC).
Participate in negotiations and use proper ways to drive value by, for example, the utilization of Value Based Sourcing.
Maximize buying efficiency, minimize supply disruption, and financial risks for the categories assigned.
Provide collaborative leadership to the purchasing community to ensure on-time project execution & implementation of category strategies.
Manage relationships / partnerships with cross functional teams and internal stakeholders and work to retain strong supplier relationships.
Support Program Management on new model Launches and platform refresh programs while helping to address/support resolution to supplier driven performance issues.
Managing the business strategically with the objective to leverage, to promote complexity reduction, simplification, modularization, cost performance and innovation driving etc.
As part of the culture of continuous improvement, you will be involved in Lean Thinking projects and activities (EMS/C2W).
Who you are
- For you, every challenge offers opportunity and potential. You just have to find it.
- You ask and you listen, you take ideas on board and work with your team, taking everyone in the same direction.
- You can make yourself understood and are a good listener.
- You build networks and trust, good working relationships and apply your influence to shaping change.
- Whether face-to-face or on the phone, you can communicate plans and articulate your ideas with colleagues and customers at all levels.
- You are open to opportunity and can see the bigger picture, keeping colleagues front of mind as you embrace the opportunities that our diversity offers.
- You set the pace and the priorities, and then you bring a methodical approach to meeting your goals.
- You aim to fix any issue the first time, following up as needed to reach a resolution that satisfies the customer.
- With a number of projects running simultaneously, flexibility and agility are essential.
- University degree
(Industrial/Mechanical/Mechatronics/Electronics/Electrical Engineering OR
- Relevant, progressive strategic sourcing, category management or equivalent leadership experience required;
- Experience in managing and delivering cost reductions/value creation with knowledge of direct materials categories;
- Experience and knowledge of the purchasing environment for the commodities managed with the capability to analyze business procurement issues along with the strategic sourcing methodology and its application;
- Knowledge of supplier processes and cost drivers;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office application;
- Fluent in English, any other language is an asset.
As part of Electrolux, we will continuously invest in you and your development. There are no barriers to where your career could take you.