GME Advanced Automation Manager
GME Advanced Automation Manager
Make a world of difference on a global scale.
At Electrolux, we are on a journey to shape living for the better. By creating desirable solutions and great experiences that enrich peoples’ daily lives and the health of our planet, we want to be a driving force in defining enjoyable and sustainable living.
Within the Global Manufacturing Engineering – Automation unit, you will drive the Advanced Automation Team to assess new technologies and develop new solutions for Automation Processes within all Business Areas.
A REGULAR DAY AT WORK
Based in Italy (Porcia), you will report to the Global
ME Director Automation and Home Comfort.
You will have as main interfaces in the organization: Standarization Project Leader, GME Automation Program Mgr and Team, GME Product Line Directors and BA Managers, Global Connectivity and Technology Center (GC&T), Open Innovation Board, Business Area (BA) Automation Leaders, Automation Project Leaders, Suppliers, Global Digital Operations Team.
You will be responsible for:
• Being the global reference for Advanced Automation Solutions within Global Manufacturing Engineering and with Other departments like GC&T, Open Innovation board, advanced development, …
• Defining and apply the strategy for Advanced Automation within Global Manufacturing Engineering.
• Drive a group of engineers to assess feasibility of new technologies from a technical and business case point of view.
• Developing new solutions to be applied to existing processes in our factories.
• Benchmarking and supporting on the definition of standard components and guidelines for a given solution.
• Collaborating with Automation Project leaders, Automation Integrators and Suppliers in the application of these new technologies.
Pre-defined Application Fields:
- Industrial Vision systems & Machine Learning
- Collaborative Robot Automation
- Advanced Robotic Tools (i.e. tools for Bin-Picking, Automatic Wiring,…)
- Simulation and Off-Line programming
- Sustainable Packaging Automation
- Automation Monitoring and control
• Conversion Cost reduction through application of new technologies to automate processes.
• Project implementation timing and budget.
- Go the extra mile - You take initiative and work proactively to deliver results.
- A true team player - You work in a Matrix Organization and with virtual Teams.
- Problem-solver - You see challenge as opportunity.
- Communicative - Whether face-to-face or on the phone, you can communicate plans and articulate your ideas with colleagues at all levels.
- Agile - Both reactive and proactive, you work efficiently and flexibly, to deliver results. A fast thinker with ability to pick up and treat new information rapidly.
- Influential - You know your stuff and can articulate it well, building a case that is sound and people can buy into.
- Open minded – With a curious approach, you are innovative in finding new solutions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
•Engineering University degree (Bachelor or Master) with over 10y professional experience in industrial automation.
• Knowledge and implementation experience on some or all the defined application fields: Collaborative robot application, Industrial automation, Vision and Machine learning, advanced robotic tools, Automation monitoring and control,…
• High Experience on BOTH industrial project implementation AND on research and development projects.
• Good communication and collaboration Skills.
• Good analytical and methodical problem solving skills.
• Ability to work in multicultural teams, open and innovative mindset Goal-oriented, persevering, focused on quality and meeting deadlines.
• Available to travel internationally.