GME- Assembly Manager
REGULAR DAY AT WORK (ESSENTIAL DUTIES):
For us going to work every day has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By being sustainable and open to new ideas we can push the boundaries of cooking, cleaning, and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
We are seeking a Group Manufacturing Engineering Manager for Food Preservation NA located in Juarez MX. This position will report to the Director of GME Food Preservation NA in Anderson, SC.
- Manage a team who plans, designs and constructs manufacturing equipment for facilities and related structures, determines equipment specifications, including analysis, evaluation of location, material resources, structural design, maximizes efficiencies by analyzing layout of equipment, workflow, assembly methods, and work force utilization.
- Define project scopes for small to large projects to include setting objectives and monitoring deliverables and overall performance for the team and project as well as define the deliverables that will support business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders within operations.
- Provide business and people leadership, monitor, coordinate, and supervise the daily activities of professionals / large support teams in similar or related disciplines and be accountable for team results.
- Resolve technical and people challenges and recommend improvements and solutions.
- Be responsible for projects from concept to execution and can handle multiple programs at the same time.
- Interface with R&D, Product Line, Quality and Plants for manufacturability analysis and help develop the Project Master plan with timing and investments.
- You and your team will communicate to all levels in the organization status of projects.
WHO YOU ARE:
- Both reactive and proactive, you work efficiently and flexibly to deliver results.
- You can balance commercial considerations without compromising on quality, evaluating the data to inform decision-making and continuous improvement.
- You ask and you listen, you take ideas on board and work with your team, taking everyone in the same direction.
- Whether face-to-face or on the phone, you can communicate plans and articulate your ideas with colleagues and customers at all levels.
- You not only know your area of expertise, you’re passionate about it and how it can enable and support people to work better and achieve more.
- With lots of initiative, you always have something to do and thrive on being productive.
We employ great people from a wide variety of backgrounds – not just because it’s the right thing to do, but also because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, come find your place in our global community. Meet us on @lifeatelectrolux and career.electroluxgroup.com to learn more.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or 12 years’ experience in related field; specialties can range from Electronics, Electrical, Mechanical, or Mechatronics.
- 5+ years’ experience in managing large scope manufacturing projects.
- Experience managing and coaching direct reports (hourly or salary) a plus.
- Experience managing and coaching engineering teams a plus.
- Experience working in a manufacturing startup operation is a plus.
- Experience in Home appliance products/technologies a plus.
- Experience with Electrolux EPM process a plus.
- Strong understanding of engineering, manufacturing, and assembly principles.
- Strong computer skills particularly Microsoft Office applications (MS Project, PowerPoint, SharePoint).