GME Simulation Specialist
GME Plant Simulation Expert Food Preservation
here, have an impact in homes around the world.
Group Manufacturing Engineering - Food Preservation Organization is looking for a motivated Simulation Expert, to join our global team and be part of our company transformation.
Food Preservation is the Group’s largest global product category, and it is crucial for the Group’s profitable growth ambition. This category is executing multiple key transformation programs that will deliver world-class product architectures to offer consumer relevant and differentiated benefits within the areas of Taste (freshness), accessibility, and sustainability (healthy taste and food waste).
Within Global Operations, the Group Leverage execution requires strong leadership for architecture, technologies and components, roadmaps and management in collaboration with Purchasing and R&D. This will lead to new levels of productivity, quality and performance.
A REGULAR DAY AT WORK
in Susegana (Italy) or Rothenburg (Germany), you will be in charge of execute automation simulation and process
simulation within GME Food Preservation, supporting the use of virtual
You will directly report to the Automation & Simulation Manager Group Manufacturing Engineering Food Preservation and you will have as main interfaces in the organization: Global R&D Food Preservation, Group ME Business Areas, Group ME Automation, Group ME Common Core Technologies, Capex, Global Digital Industrial Operation.
- Being the reference for process simulations and automation simulations within Global Manufacturing Engineering (Food Preservation)
- Apply global standard solutions and tools in cooperation with all Stakeholders
- Be the interface for GME Architecture engineers for Design for Automation (DFA) techniques, supporting the specific analysis with R&D
- Use assembly simulation for virtual verification of all the manufacturing processes
- Apply ergonomic simulations
- Be the reference of the synchronization between product engineering and manufacturing engineering in the area of Product Lifecycle Management
- Support concept definition of smart automations
- Support the preparation of technical specifications for automation applying standards for PLC, Robots, Sensors…
- Responsible of virtual commissioning of automation systems
- Be the reference for Plant simulation for all major projects
Precision in Objectives of new projects (Time, Cost, Quality)
Direct Labor and Conversion cost reduction
Automation roadmap targets
- Analytical - With an eye for detail and the ability to interpret complex data
- Communicative – You can communicate effectively and easily engage stakeholders at all levels
- Open minded – You enjoy working in an international and truly multicultural environment and are respectful of different cultural backgrounds
- Continuous improvement mindset – You are goal-oriented, perseverant and focused on quality
- Ability to work in a matrix organization – You build a strong and lasting internal network across functions and regions, working independently to structure team activities in order to produce results
- Quick thinker – with the ability to pick up and treat new information rapidly
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Electric / Electronic Technical / Engineering University degree (Bachelor or Master) or equivalent combined with professional experience in industrial manufacturing
- Knowledge of 3D CAD (Catia / Siemens NX) and Tecnomatix applications
- Experience in manufacturing simulation
- Basic Knowledge in Manufacturing IT infrastructure
- Knowledge of robot programming
- Available to travel internationally
- Good analytical and methodical problem-solving skills