GME Sr. Project Manager
A REGULAR DAY AT WORK (ESSENTIAL DUTIES):
Lead team of Manufacturing Engineers for projects
involving the Electrolux Plants belonging to NA BA.
- Lead team of Manufacturing Engineers to implement NPI projects.
- Drive assigned Manufacturing Engineering projects and new Product Industrialization projects.
- Team-Leader (representing Man. Eng.) in the New Product Projects.
- Define and improve manufacturing equipment and tooling to be implemented in BA Projects.
- Implement specific Man. Eng. actions for new Product Projects or other Man. Eng. Projects (Capacity increase, Efficiency, Improvements, Re-engineering….) in cooperation with Plant Man. Eng.
- Perform the manufacturability analysis of new Products.
- Support cost analysis together with Plant Lean Engineering.
- Participate in PFMEA.
- Participation in pre-series of new Products.
- Prepare technical specification of equipment and tooling including safety and environment according to Group Manufacturing Engineering Guidelines.
- Supervise equipment installation, in cooperation with Plant Manufacturing Engineering.
- Analyze technological innovations. Be the Interface with Suppliers, Technical Purchasing and Plant Maintenance.
- Support production feasibility analysis in virtual environments and ensure implementation of digital manufacturing solution.
- Co-operate and align with Group team strategy planning for automation/Factory Model/Digital.
- Support on the development of new Architectures according “Ready for Automation”.
- Cooperate with Capex team to ensure the best and cost-effective capital equipment acquisition.
- Digital mindset.
- Planning and optimization of new systems and Equipment.
- Supporting Sector / Local ME in new projects.
- Support factory metrics of Quality/Cost/Delivery.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
WHO YOU ARE:
- With a number of projects running simultaneously, flexibility and agility are essential.
- You work with urgency, analyzing and adapting to different situations, quickly understanding changes and reacting confidently and decisively.
- You always strive for better, in your work and for your future.
- You can balance commercial considerations without compromising on quality, evaluating the data to inform decision-making and continuous improvement.
- You build trust, good working relationships and communicate effectively with your colleagues and across functions.
- Focused on achieving your targets – and those of customers.
- You start and you finish, taking responsibility for getting things done, on time and to high quality, tying up all the loose ends along the way.
- You look at everything from every angle, distilling the core message and putting it together in a way that excites and delights.
- You want to know everything about everything.
- Your enthusiasm is infectious and inspires and engages your colleagues and collaborators to achieve, deliver, be accountable and own their work. You’ll also have the stamina essential to delivering results in both the short and long term.
- You can manage changing priorities with ease.
- You get to know your stuff and can articulate it well, building a case that is sound and people can buy into.
- You keep the consumer and customer front of mind, bringing an outside-in perspective to encouraging cross-collaboration, utilizing diversity and encouraging open feedback.
- You set the pace and the priorities, and then you bring a methodical approach to meeting your goals.
- You are driven to succeed and focused on leading your team to achieve.
- You can join the dots to take us from where we are to where we want to be, mapping the clear routes and strategies essential to achieving our goal
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS):
- Bachelors degree in Mechanical Engineering and 10+ years experience in related field with proven track record of success.
- Organization, Communication and Collaboration.
- Processes – EPM Gate (Gate process), Invest Request, Teamcenter, IPCP, AS400, MARCAM.
- Strong understanding of DFMA principles and practice.
- Strong drive to ensure flexibility in new equipment.
- Understand the specific details that make an automated assembly or manufacturing system flexible for future products.
- Understanding of robotic controls and PLCs.
- Solid understanding of assembly processes.
- Good English skills.
- Strong Word, Excel and PowerPoint skills.
- Ability to travel both domestically and internationally, both individually and as part of a team.
- The ability to work within a team where some members may have English as a second language.
- Ability to work in a Matrix Organization.
- Ability to work in a virtual Team.