GR&D Beverage Category Director
The business model of Electrolux Professional wants to obtain more focus on customers and products, addressing not only the existing areas but serving the demands of growing global customers, reinforcing the penetration in emerging growth markets and further developing the replacement market through strong customer ownership. The position of R&D Category Director for Coffee& Beverage is one of the key roles within the Global R&D organization to implement the Strategy for the assigned Category.
Reporting to the Vice President of Electrolux Professional Global Research & Development will be fully responsible for the definition and implementation of R&D strategy defined for the Category Coffee & Beverage.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Contribute to Global R&D Board of Directors
- Develop and drive the implementation of the R&D Category strategy
- Guarantee the deployment and execution of the Global R&D strategy through the Coffee & Beverage organization according to the defined budget and business priorities;
- Responsible for the implementation of the Product Development defined in the Generation Plan
- Guarantee high-Quality standards and cost maintenance
- Guarantee the delivery of the projects run in the Category
- Guarantees that the Category Team organization works in cooperation with Global Operations and Business Units teams as One Electrolux
- Develops the technological modules to support product development in the different categories
- Develop product architectures according to modular philosophy to reduce product range complexity
- Define a strategy related to product approvals in the different markets
- Lead a professional team located in several different countries
- Budget and personal responsibility for the assigned team
- Components and products approval processes, procedures and standards knowledge
- Ability and experience in managing international teams
- Consolidated experience in both product development and introduction of new technologies.
- Coffee & Beverage product knowledge is considered an advantage.
- Innovation focus
- Strong Commercial insight orientation
- Engineering degree
- At least 5 years experience in a managerial position
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Good interpersonal and cross-cultural skills on all levels
- Good analytical ability and you support the business pro-actively
- A performance-driven approach
- Thorough business understanding
- Ability to think outside of the box
- Strong internal and external communicator
- Entrepreneurial drive
- Strong leadership skills