Group Manufacturing Engineer Project Manager
Lead Manufacturing Engineering projects involving the Electrolux Plants belonging to NA BA.
Key Operational Responsibilities:
- Drive assigned Manufacturing Engineering projects and new Product Industrialization projects.
- Team-member (representing Man. Eng.) in the New Product Projects.
- Define and improve manufacturing equipment and tooling to be implemented in BA Projects.
- Implement specific Man. Eng. actions for new Product Projects or other Man. Eng. Projects (Capacity increase, Efficiency, Improvements, Re-engineering….) in cooperation with Plant Man. Eng.
- Perform the manufacturability analysis of new Products.
- Support cost analysis together with Plant Lean Engineering
- Participate in PFMEA.
- Participation in pre-series of new Products.
- Prepare technical specification of equipment and tooling including safety and environment according to Group Manufacturing Engineering Guidelines.
- Supervise equipment installation, in cooperation with Plant Manufacturing Engineering.
- Analyze technological innovations. Be the Interface with Suppliers, Technical Purchasing and Plant Maintenance.
- Support efficiency programs, Quality/Safety improvements (including detectability analysis) in cooperation with Plant Manufacturing Engineering
- Support production feasibility analysis in virtual environments and ensure implementation of digital manufacturing solution.
- Co-operate and align with Group team strategy planning for automation/Factory Model/Digital.
- Support on the development of new Architectures according “Ready for Automation
- Cooperate with Capex team to ensure the best and cost effective capital equipment acquisition.
- Digital mindset
- Planning and optimization of new systems and Equipment.
- Supporting Sector / Local ME in new projects.
- Support factory metrics of Quality/Cost/Delivery
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Precision in Objectives of new projects/equipment (Time, Cost, Quality)
- Direct Labor and Conversion cost reduction
- OEE increase on existing systems. OEE specification for new systems.
- Standardization of common processes and automation solutions across multiple manufacturing locations.
- SCR reduction on issues stemming from Mfg. processes.
- Monitor/drive execution of automation projects.
- Processes – EPM Gate (Gate process), Invest Request, Teamcenter, IPCP, AS400, MARCAM.
- Strong understanding of DFMA principles and practice.
- Strong drive to ensure flexibility in new equipment.
- Understand the specific details that make an automated assembly or manufacturing system flexible for future products.
- Understanding of robotic controls and PLCs.
- Solid understanding of assembly processes.
- Good English skills.
- Strong Word, Excel and PowerPoint skills.
- Ability to travel both domestically and internationally, both individually and as part of a team.
- The ability to work within a team where some members may have English as a second language.
- Ability to work in a Matrix Organization.
- Ability to work in a virtual Team.
- Organization, Communication and Collaboration.