Group Manufacturing Engineer Project Manager-Plastics
Lead Manufacturing Engineering projects involving the Electrolux Plants belonging to NA BA.
Key Operational Responsibilities:
Drive assigned Manufacturing Engineering projects and new Product Industrialization projects primarily related to injection molding and material compounding.
Team-member (representing Man. Eng.) in the New Product Projects.
Define and improve manufacturing equipment and tooling to be implemented in BA Projects.
Implement specific Man. Eng. actions for new Product Projects or other Man. Eng. Projects (Capacity increase, Efficiency, Improvements, Re-engineering….) in cooperation with Plant Man. Eng.
Perform the manufacturability analysis of new Products.
Support cost analysis together with Plant Lean Engineering
Participate in PFMEA.
Participation in pre-series of new Products.
Prepare technical specification of equipment and tooling including safety and environment according to Group Manufacturing Engineering Guidelines.
Supervise equipment installation, in cooperation with Plant Manufacturing Engineering.
Analyze technological innovations. Be the Interface with Suppliers, Technical Purchasing and Plant Maintenance.
Support efficiency programs, Quality/Safety improvements (including detectability analysis) in cooperation with Plant Manufacturing Engineering
Support production feasibility analysis in virtual environments and ensure implementation of digital manufacturing solution.
Co-operate and align with Group team strategy planning for automation/Factory Model/Digital.
Cooperate with Capex team to ensure the best and cost effective capital equipment acquisition.
Planning and optimization of new systems and Equipment.
Supporting Sector / Local ME in new projects.
Support factory metrics of Quality/Cost/Delivery
Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Precision in Objectives of new projects/equipment (Time, Cost, Quality)
- Direct Labor and Conversion cost reduction
- OEE increase on existing systems. OEE specification for new systems.
- Standardization of common processes and automation solutions across multiple manufacturing locations.
- SCR reduction on issues stemming from Mfg. processes.
- Monitor/drive execution of automation projects.
- Bachelors degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 5+ years experience in related field with proven track record of success.