Group ME Standardization Project Engineer
Shape the future. One appliance at a time.
By creating desirable solutions and great experiences that enrich people’s daily lives and the health of our planet, we want to be a driving force in delivering enjoyable and sustainable living. At Electrolux, we shape living for the better.
For us going to work everyday has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By staying humble and open for new ideas – we can push the boundaries for cooking, cleaning and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
For that, we employ great people from a wide variety of backgrounds – not just because it’s the right thing to do, but also because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, come find your place in our global community. Meet us on @lifeatelectrolux and career.electroluxgroup.com to learn more.
Group Manufacturing Engineering Standardization Project Engineer
At Electrolux, we are on a journey to shape living for the better. By creating desirable solutions and great experiences that enrich peoples’ daily lives and the health of our planet, we want to be a driving force in defining enjoyable and sustainable living.
Within the Group Manufacturing Engineering - Automation team, you will develop the strategy for the Group Manufacturing Engineering Standardization Program according to GME priorities.
You will be in charge of defining the Standards with the GME Business Areas Managers and Group Capex Purchasing, and driving the implementation with Project Leaders.
A REGULAR DAY AT WORK
Based in the Porcia (PN) plant you will directly report to the Group Manufacturing Engineering Automation Director. You will have as main interfaces in the organization: GME Leadership Team, Business Areas Managers and Automation Leaders, GME Automation Program and Advanced Automation Teams, GME Product Line Automation Managers, Group CAPEX Purchasing team - Automation Suppliers, Group Digital Industrial Operations team.
• Drive the GME standardization strategy on the main pillars: Component standardization for Manufacturing Equipment, Programming Standard Guidelines (Robot, PLC, HMI, Communication, ) and Standard Automation Cells.
• Component Standardization for Manufacturing Equipment:
- Develop the Released Components Lists (RCL) with new suppliers following the Standardization Program Check Point process.
- Maintain RLC with suppliers yearly.
• Develop and maintain the Programming Standard Guidelines for Robot, Cobots PLC, HMI, Equipment Communication, Safety, etc… driving the team of experts and suppliers.
• Drive the process to define and maintain the Standard Automation Cells modules and concepts with Automation Experts within each product line.
• Team member of the Supplier Development Program for Equipment Manufacturers.
• Manage the Group ME Standardization Road Map.
• Provide monthly progress updates to GME Leadership Team.
- CAPEX Investment reduction through Component Standardization
- Standardization compliance on new projects
- Standardization road map targets (RCLs, Guidelines, Global agreements…)
• Go the extra mile - You take initiative and work proactively to deliver results on time.
• A solid Leader - You work efficiently in an inter-cultural organization and with virtual Teams.
• Problem-solver - You see challenge as opportunity.
• Communicative - Whether face-to-face or on the phone, you can communicate plans and articulate your ideas with colleagues at all levels.
• Agile - Both reactive and proactive, you work efficiently and flexibly, to deliver results. A fast thinker with ability to pick up and treat new information rapidly.
• Influential - You know your stuff and can articulate it well, building a case that is sound and people can buy into.
• Open minded – With a curious approach, you are innovative in finding new solutions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Engineering University degree (Bachelor or Master).
• At least 6 years of Industrial Automation and project management experience.
• Proven background in Industrial Automation Standardization in the manufacturing industry for home appliances, automotive or similiar.
• Strong technical background and knowledge of equipment components (mechanical, electrical, safety).
• Experience in PLC and Robot Standardization.
• Available to travel internationally.
Electrolux is a leading global appliance company that has shaped living for the better for more than 100 years. We reinvent taste, care and wellbeing experiences for millions of people, always striving to be at the forefront of sustainability in society through our solutions and operations. Under our brands, including Electrolux, AEG and Frigidaire, we sell approximately 60 million household products in approximately 120 markets every year. In 2020 Electrolux had sales of SEK 116 billion and employed 48,000 people around the world. For more information go to www.electroluxgroup.com.