GTO Manager EMEA
Make ideas come to life. Globally.
For us going to work everyday has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By staying humble and open for new ideas – we can push the boundaries for cooking, cleaning and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
Gas Technology Organization (GTO) Manager EU – Forlí (Italy)
As part of GTO organization, you will:
- join a global and international team in a multicultural and dynamic environment;
- lead the GTO EU team; you will be located in the R&D offices of Electrolux Forlì;
- be the GTO main reference for the EU and MEA Business Areas;
- work fully aligned with the global GTO performance objectives;
- report to the Director of Global Gas Technology Organization.
A typical day:
You drive your team to results acting as a reference model, with energy, openness and agility.
You interface and interact with all the other stakeholder functions at both global and local levels.
You deploy GTO projects and initiatives for Innovation, Quality and Cost Efficiency.
You act as GTO Champion of a holistic consumer-centric approach that makes sustainable eating the preferred choice.
You and your team learn and grow every day, nurture your competence and build your communication network
You ensure that GTO solutions make it through to production, to specification, quality, cost and time.
You demonstrate leadership directly driving the other functions to the execution of the GTO Technology strategy and Roadmap.
You work in autonomy with a focus on EU and MEA requirements while applying both local and global perspective for global component application and reuse.
Within six months, you shall be able to demonstrate technical/functional expertise and demonstrate global capabilities and leadership.
As the GTO EU Team Manager, you will have the following Operational Responsibilities:
- be responsible for all development activities to deliver gas systems, innovating and creating technology and design solutions to provide relevant consumer benefits and best-in-class user experiences;
- have full people management responsibility
- have the ownership of gas modules and components functionality, performance, safety and reliability for the best consumer Taste Experience;
- own the gas technology system specifications according to the product specifications, manufacturing processes and assembly requirements;
- lead your team to plan and manage technical activities, prioritize tasks and assign team members to ensure the delivery of gas components and systems at the defined targets of cost, quality, performance and time to market;
- work closely with the other regional GTO managers to contribute to the development of the Gas modules and consumer centric TRM strategy, implement it, identify problems and solutions, take responsible risks, give advice and delegate;
- develop GTO EU short and mid-term plans (expense budget) for financial and operational objectives under own responsibility
- participation to platform projects Check Points involving gas systems and subsystems; Quality and Distractor meetings; reviews of R&D projects and Product Line generation plans
Other functional responsibilities:
- support gas components implementation into products; follow up and monitor component quality performance for continuous improvement of SCR and distractors, including consumer satisfaction KPIs after market introduction;
- understanding of product cost models and structure and the financial impact of engineering on the business;
- application of operational excellence methodologies;
- interact with and drive suppliers in technical developments, and actively contribute to supplier evaluation and selection activities;
- support all other Electrolux Functions with expertise and competence in gas product and for quality improvement and cost reduction activities.
• Customer focused: you keep the consumer and customer front of mind to make consumer experience the foundation and the objective of our development activity.
• Excellent in operational competence: you have a robust engineering approach; you have a good knowledge of Electrolux product and process technologies.
• Disciplined: you know, understand and apply project and process management principles and support project metrics and deliverables: you are trusted as technically competent and reliable in delivery assignments.
• Communicative: you demonstrate good interpersonal and communication skills, and pursue teamwork and cross-collaboration.
• A growing leader: you decide with autonomy for the best of your tasks while driving others to deliver team objectives; you assign the right people with the right experience at the right place; you leverage on diversity and encourage open discussion and feedback.
• A problem solver: you see challenges as opportunities and you finalize high quality technical projects and assignments.
• Are available to frequent travels, domestic and international, for business trips
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Preferably Engineering or Scientific University background and that likes to develop his/her technical competence and leadership skills in a global environment.
• At least 7 years of strong experience in R&D in home appliances or similar business areas, with experience in leading projects and teams in an international organization and with a proven record of excellent performance in previous positions.
• Competence for development of products for the global market. Deep knowledge of product design and engineering requirements and excellent capability to master new technologies;
• Capabilities to relate and communicate with all functional interfaces of other companies, suppliers and regulatory agencies in an international environment.
• Fluent English.