Hardware Project Engineer
Santa Lucia di Piave, Italy
Join our Consumer Experience (CX) team to help shape living for the better globally!
By creating desirable solutions and great experiences that enrich people’s daily lives and the health of our planet, we want to be a driving force in delivering enjoyable and sustainable living. We go to work every day determined to shape living for the better – for our customers and for the health of our planet.
For that, we employ great people from a wide variety of backgrounds – not just because it’s the right thing to do, but also because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, come find your place in our global community. Meet us on @lifeatelectrolux and career.electroluxgroup.com to learn more.
You will be based in Electrolux Food Preservation site in Susegana (TV) only 1 hour distance from Venice, where we are undergoing multimullion industry 4.0 investment. Here you will work together with nearly 1400 colleagues from different fuctions, and various nationalities, with the common goal to create the refrigeration of the future.
The position belongs to the Global Technology Center for Food Preservation and sits within the electronic development team which is expanding to support increasing design activity. All electronic controls are developed and maintained from the beginning through the entire lifecycle, while the qualification testing can be performed both in Electrolux facilities as well as in external laboratories. What is more, in addition to the HW development team, the SW development team is co-located in Susegana and Anderson, SC. The Team works with different Technology areas and stakeholders within Group Technology Organization.
The exciting thing about this role, besides the development and maintenance of HW electronic platforms for Food Preservation appliances, is the international work environment. As Hardware Project Engineer, you will work closely with colleagues from all over the world, understanding different realities, cultures and people, as well as being part of an open-minded Team, where creativity is welcome and innovation is the middle name.
Your main tasks:
• Leading electronic projects as well as the development of schematic according to Electrolux specifications using internal components and modules database.
• PCB design with CAD or Altium tools as well as proactive development of detailed electronics design and test specifications.
• Support testing and evaluation of electronic designs and concepts to meet the specified function/features, quality and cost targets.
• Product care of present electronic board, including modification, design and documentation approval and release using internal engineering change process.
• Support Normative approvals at PCBA level and in Appliance.
We are not looking for perfection and the only let’s say non-negotiable point is the background on electronics – rather than that, you’re invited to challenge us. Below are skills and competences we'd ideally want you to have or be open to learn:
• Master’s degree in Electronics Engineering or related is preferred
• Hardware development experience (at least 2 years)
• Ability in circuit design and simulation with PSpice
• Knowledge of laboratory instruments like power meter, oscilloscope, spectrum analyzer, etc.
• PCB design experience as well as basic knowledge of IEC and UL Standards
• Fluent English language is mandatory
At Electrolux, we take responsibility for our development in a supportive environment where we embrace our differences and learn from each other. In a truly multicultural setting, we shape living for the better and create remarkable experiences for employees and consumers, all around the globe.
Find out more on: https://www.linkedin.com/company/electrolux/life/649881a8-78d7-48bc-b692-4b6ccc70b6b9