Head of Category & Marketing
*** Head of Category & Marketing ***
Looking for an experienced and strategic result driven Head of Marketing. The primary function of this role is to accelerate the sustainable profitable business growth in both short and long term perspective by developing and implementing the product
& brand marketing strategy for product line by leading Marketing team to meet established brand and consumer target needs, product mix and market share targets in home appliances consumer markets in Korea. The successful candidate will be extensive product marketing experience and a comprehensive knowledge of brandings in Korea consumer market and channels with energetic, agile with market insights and able to demonstrate the ability to manage staffs with strong leadership & ownership for flawless operational executions of strategy.
A TYPICAL DAY AT WORK
- Collaborate with the global product/category, brand marketing team and global & local business team to uncover insights and strategies to develop and implement local GoTo Market marketing and branding strategies for new and existing products to make sustainable profitable business growth.
- Oversee and grow the marketing department, consistently identifying revenue opportunities within our established client base and managing consistent growth by securing new accounts.
- Identify short-term and long-term scheduling, budget, and resource needs, including the development and management of an annual marketing budget, profit/loss projections, expenditure spending, and other financial considerations.
- Plan and Perform activities through Marketing team, such as product pricing, product strategy and analysis, product positioning to Home Appliances customers and consumers, Sales Messaging development, competitive analysis and product differentiation among others with deep understanding on consumers’ needs, behaviors and market trends.
- Develop product messaging in line with global/local strategy that is fitting to the consumers’ current mindset and maximizes the strengths of every marketing and communication channel including digital channels in the process in order to raise product awareness in Korea market.
- Understand key marketing performance metrics and tracking tools to provide market research, forecasts, competitive analyses, campaign results, and consumer trends in order to translate results into actionable insights for marketing team.
- Lead the development of our marketing plans working closely with clients, management, creative and content teams, and distribution partners, to create an effective and efficient marketing strategy focused on growing audiences for our products and services.
- Spearhead the strategic and tactical execution of marketing campaigns, including design of test/control segmentation, implementation of tests, tracking, results reporting, analysis, and recommendations.
- Manage conception, development, and implementation of marketing plan and strategies, product concepts, and promotional programs to drive interest and sales.
- Hold regular meetings with account managers to review pipeline, resolve challenges, and present possible solutions, and provide ongoing training to ensure team consistently performs above standard.
- Attend and/or participate at conventions, conferences, and tradeshows, preparing engaging displays and collateral as needed, and providing post-event reports and analysis.
- Mentor and coach marketing personnel for their high-performing culture in the team and their continuous career growth.
WHO YOU ARE
- Solid Product/Category& Brand Marketing Management Experiences in Home Appliances or Consumer Market
- Various marketing channel experiences including digital channels are plus
- Energetic – Drives and delivers business results in a short/long term perspective with strong ownership
- Agile – understand and quickly catch up and response to changes in Appliances customer/consumer business
- Fast Learner with open-minded attitudes – willing to learn and open to new trends, technology, ideas leveraging diversity internally and externally and drive cross-collaboration.
- Strategic and innovative thinking and analytical skills with a strong business acumen.
- Passionate for products and offerings and influencing others positively
- Proven Dynamic leadership and project management skills
- Adept Multi-taker with ability to quickly prioritize and effectively delegate tasks.
- Exceptional Communication and negotiating skills
- Strong Organizational skills and ability to multitask
- Excellent People leadership skills
- Strong customer/consumer/client relationship building skills
- Good PC Skills (i.e. MS office)
- Strong consumer insights, presentation & influencing skill and cross-functional communication skill (verbal and written)
- Sound English Skills (Written/verbal)
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, communications, business administration or related field.
Preferred Career Experience
- 12 years+ in Korea consumer marketing field with Home Appliance Industry or FMCG
- 7+ years+ in Product Marketing Experiences