Head of Design
JOIN OUR TEAM OF CREATORS AND PROBLEM SOLVERS
By creating desirable solutions and great experiences that enrich people’s daily lives and the health of our planet, we want to be a driving force in delivering enjoyable and sustainable living. We go to work every day determined to shape living for the better – for our customers and for the health of our planet.
For that, we employ great people from a wide variety of backgrounds – not just because it’s the right thing to do, but also because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, come find your place in our global community. Meet us on @lifeatelectrolux and career.electroluxgroup.com to learn more.
We are looking for an inspiring, creative, and senior design leader with proven experience to head Design for our European Business Area. The successful individual will work hand in hand with the local and global leadership to ensure Sustainable Branded User Experiences across all physical and digital products and service platforms.
The position, located in Stockholm, Sweden, is part of the Global Design and the European Business, Leadership Teams, responsible for developing design solutions for all brands of the group across Europe, mainly Electrolux and AEG..
Design at Electrolux
Design @Electrolux is a global diverse community of 200 multi-disciplinary professionals operating in 7 locations worldwide. The aim is to design meaningful and sustainable consumer experiences in partnership with the different Business Areas across innovation areas of Taste, Care & Wellbeing. We strive for a Global mindset, integral success, and our approach, Human Touch, is iterative, research-based and collaborative.
A typical day of work
Direct and orchestrate the organization regarding experience innovation, operational effectiveness & functional development focusing to:
· Brand Design Guardianship: safeguard the Design DNA and the ambition of each Brand by bringing it to life through strategic & creative direction setting.
· Design Experience: orchestrate & drive the consumer experience across both digital and physical components which is true to the values of that Brand..
· Design Quality: drive excellent output by bringing science to the subjectivity of appeal, fit-feel-finish, and usability across ‘Digiphysical’ experiences.
· Design Advocacy: delivering best practices in Design and brand stewardship. Enable the design team to successfully promote the commercial value of Design and consumer centricity to the entire organization.
· Sustainable Design: influence & lead Sustainability in Design by nudging consumers to change their behaviours towards less waste, by replacing virgin materials for more sustainable options and exploring ways to extend the life of our products.
· Communication Design: orchestrate and design assets such as packaging, visual imaging, and consumer guidance during the purchase and owning moments.
· Continuous improve, effectiveness projects through Lean Thinking (EMS/C2W).
· Lead a team of design experts, provide vision for the organization, and facilitate cross functional collaboration with all interfacing functions.
· Build a strong culture of functional excellence and career growth within EU design
This role with Operationally report to the CEO of BA Europe and functionally to Chief Design Officer, Electrolux Group.
Who You Are
· Agile. You love working according to design thinking and agile principles and have some experience in doing so.
· Customer focused. You are passionate about putting people at the heart of everything you do, to ultimately develop low effort, personalized and memorable consumer experiences!
· A leader. You are passionate about people, a great team leader, manager, and design thinker, who will provide leadership and guidance to foster a culture of trust, transparency, and collaboration.
· Collaboration. You will also collaborate with other design leaders to develop talented designers, and identify opportunities to establish best practices for a seamless experience across all of our products.
· International. You have been exposed to both large corporations and international environments.
· Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate design field such as Industrial, Digital or Experience Design.
· Extensive Design Leadership experience and strong track record gained through a series of increasingly responsible roles involving leading and motivating large and complex teams.
· Willingness to travel and represent the Design Team in Multi-Functional meetings.
· Understand profit & loss and ability to apply this into the design of the new product.
· Business acumen and understanding of sales and marketing processes.
· Strong proven ability to lead, develop strong teams and systems, preferably in a multi-cultural environment.
· Fluent in English. Other languages and talents would be amazing!
· A passion for sustainable Cooking and taking care of your precious clothes!
As part of Electrolux, we will continuously invest in you and your development. There are no barriers to where your career could take you.
Electrolux is a leading global appliance company that has shaped living for the better for more than 100 years. We reinvent taste, care and wellbeing experiences for millions of people, always striving to be at the forefront of sustainability in society through our solutions and operations. Under our brands, including Electrolux, AEG and Frigidaire, we sell approximately 60 million household products in approximately 120 markets every year. In 2020 Electrolux had sales of SEK 116 billion and employed 48,000 people around the world. For more information go to www.electroluxgroup.com.