Head of Finance, India
As a strategic advisor to the Head of India, you will deliver professional expertise, sound judgement and advice across all facets of finance-related business activity. You will proactively work to achieve and exceed budgeted sales and profit goals by tightly managing inventory, ensuring financial integrity and reporting on organizational financial health. You will foster a positive and high-performance organizational culture, consistently working to align finance initiatives with organizational objectives and maintaining a strong focus on continuous improvement.
As the Finance Head, you will lead a high performing team of accounting, treasury and tax professionals and will frequently network with your regional counterparts, APAC& MEA region leaders and other stakeholders. You will drive real improvements to our financial vitality and contribute strongly to the pursuit of our strategic objectives, both short and long term. You will also have a tangible impact on the engagement and performance of your team.
A Typical Day
While no two days as the Finance Head are the same, your work will consistently involve developing and driving organizational financial strategies, constantly keeping your finger on the pulse of current and future organizational needs. You will prepare budgets in conjunction with the India leadership team, deliver reporting on financial and business matters, monitor business performance against the benchmark, meet financial plans, identify financial gaps and maintain the Electrolux Control System. Maintaining a strong commercial focus, you will actively seek out and take advantage of opportunities for growth in our financial procedures.
You will control activities such as taxation, credit policy, cash flow, investment policy, costing and expense control, preparation of tenders, audit, administration of contracts, insurance agreements and property administration. You will also be responsible for statutory consolidated financial reporting and audit, tax matters and legal structure and compliance and company secretarial matters.
Beyond these responsibilities, you will also foster and maintain a workplace culture of integrity, diversity, and collaboration where success is celebrated, and innovation is encouraged.
As continuous improvement is our focus, our business requirements and roles are also likely to evolve over time.
Who You Are
- Agile- you work with urgency, quickly analyzing and adapting to unstable situations and reacting confidently and decisively.
- Influential- you build networks based on strong interpersonal rapport and apply your vision and focus to inspire others.
- Creative- you love to explore new ideas and drive continuous improvement, not only to do your best work but to develop your capabilities and acquire new skills.
- Strategic- you can join the dots to transform our goals into our reality, mapping the clear routes and strategies essential to achieving our objectives.
- Business acumen- you have a commercial focus and work effectively with stakeholders and senior management.
- You have a demonstrated understanding of interrelated business units, their synergies, and the ability to achieve superior results through teamwork and collaboration.
- You are a Charted Accountant with 10+ years financial management experience in a sales and marketing orientated business, preferably in a consumer durables/goods market.