Head of Product Line
*** Head of Category & Marketing ***
Looking for an experienced, strategic and result-driven Head of Product Line. The primary function of this role is to accelerate the profitable business growth in both short and long term perspective by developing and implementing the marketing strategy for product line, leading team to deliver the business goal, meet the target consumer needs and develop the categories in Korea market. The successful candidate will be someone with extensive product marketing experience and a comprehensive knowledge of Korean market and channels, based on strong leadership & ownership. Should be passionate, agile with strong market insights, strategic, outstanding at operational executions, and with strong leadership to develop the team.
A TYPICAL DAY AT WORK
- Drive the business for the product categories to achieve the business goal and P&L target and to gain market share
- Own the
local product roadmap, developing categories & product range and exploring
new business opportunities.
: product launches, product life cycle management, and strategic initiatives to deliver the business goal.
- Ensure a
sustainable portfolio ranging with profitable growth plan.
: Achieve the business target and product positioning goal of product categories through solid strategies and thorough execution.
: Secure mid/long term product portfolio to fulfill local requirements and fill the gap of product portfolio to deliver the company business objectives.
- Develop/manage mid/long term product portfolio, overall product life cycle, product positioning, and new product launch, based on market analysis, sales trend, competition landscape, and brand positioning strategy, working closely with internal teams such as sales, trade marketing, marketing communication, finance, tech & quality, logistics, and regional portfolio team.
- Responsible for short-term and long-term planning, P&L projection, financial forecast, budgeting, and resource planning.
- Identify local market opportunities based on consumer/market insights and sales trends for future product development opportunities.
- Provide solid inputs to Regional Product Team, to develop the product roadmap - Strong validation of business case based on market analysis, competitive analysis, and P&L projection.
- Understand channel needs working closely with sales, to develop the channel offering and store promotion together with sales.
- Develop and implement holistic product strategies, including by-channel offering strategies and pricing strategies, working closely with regional/global teams, local sales, and other related teams.
- Develop product messaging in line with global/local strategy that address consumer need effectively, to maximizing awareness, engagement and conversion.
- Plan and Perform activities with team, such as product pricing, product strategy and analysis, product positioning to customers & consumers, sales messaging development, competitive analysis and product differentiation among others with deep understanding on consumers’ needs, behaviors and market trends.
- Responsible to execute BTL activation - consumer promotion/campaign and in-store POS on product categories, to drive sell-out, working closely with sales, trade marketing, and marketing communication team, managing BTL budget efficiently.
- Align with marketing communication team to develop the holistic product marketing strategies and GTM.
- Lead team effectively with strong leadership, to deliver the business goal and to develop the team.
- Mentor and coach product line personnel for their high-performing culture in the team and their continuous career growth.
WHO YOU ARE
- Solid Product/Category Marketing Management Experiences in Home Appliances or Consumer Market Industry
- Various marketing channel experiences including digital channels are plus
- Passionate & Energetic – Drives and delivers business results in a short/long term perspective with strong ownership
- Agile – understand and quickly catch up and response to changes in Appliances customer/consumer business
- Fast Learner with open-minded attitudes – willing to learn and open to new trends, technology, ideas leveraging diversity internally and externally and drive cross-collaboration.
- Strategic and innovative thinking and analytical skills with a strong business acumen.
- Willingly influencing others positively
- Proven Dynamic leadership and project management skills
- Adept Multi-tasker with ability to quickly prioritize and effectively delegate tasks.
- Exceptional Communication & negotiating skills
- Strong Organizational skills
- Excellent People leadership skills
- Strong customer/consumer/client relationship building skills
- Strong consumer insights, presentation & influencing skill and cross-functional communication skill (verbal and written)
- Sound English Skills (Written/verbal)
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, communications, business administration or related field.
Preferred Career Experience
- 12 years+ in Korea consumer marketing field with Home Appliance Industry or FMCG
- 7+ years+ in Product Marketing Experiences