Head of Risk Management NA
Electrolux North America, Inc. is the holding company for the North American operations of AB Electrolux, a global leader in the manufacture of appliances. Our products include refrigerators, freezers, dishwashers, ranges, washing machines, dryers and vacuum cleaners under familiar band names including Frigidaire, Tappan, and Electrolux. Electrolux is based in Stockholm, Sweden, and the North American headquarters are located in Charlotte, North Carolina.
This position reports directly to and supports the Vice President, Global Risk Management in Stockholm Sweden and is responsible for all risk management functions of the North America Business Area.
This position is responsible for insuring the North American operations of Electrolux, ensuring proper claims handling across all lines of coverage, managing the North American captive insurance company, enabling business operations through contract reviews, surety bonds, COIs, auto ID cards, etc., managing the property loss prevention program, managing run-off insurance programs, and the ERM program for the business area.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead a department of 18 to 20 professionals
- Serve as the President of Equinox Insurance Company
- Design and implement risk transfer strategies for various insurance coverages including Commercial General Liability, Auto
- Liability, Workers’ Compensation, Fiduciary Liability, etc.Support the Global Risk Management department for certain lines of coverage such as Excess Casualty and D&O.
- Serve as the risk management expert in support of the North America Business Area.
- Review contracts and advise on best practices for risk mitigation and transfer.
- Support operations through the identification and senior management reporting of various risks including trends in products liability claims
- Reduce the cost of risk through effective product liability claim recovery programs
- Support the global ERM program in North America
- Oversee the company’s surety bond program
- Oversee the Risk Management Information System for North America
- Oversee the issuance of Certificates of Insurance and updates of Memorandum of Insurance.
- Oversee third party Certificate of Insurance compliance
- Oversee the North American Blue Risk (property loss prevention) program
- Keep abreast of trends in the insurance industry
- Bachelor degree in Risk Management & Insurance, Management, Finance or Accounting required; MBA preferred.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in corporate risk management would be preferable, as well as minimum 5 of experience in property and casualty insurance program.
- Minimum 10 years of management experience.
- Preferably 5 to 10 years of experience in managing captive insurance companies.
- Professional risk management and insurance certifications (e.g. CPCU, ARM, AIC, CRM) preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent collaboration, negotiation, persuasion, and diplomacy skills to work closely with internal and external clients as well as vendors and a team player
- Unquestionable business ethics and integrity
- Motivation Skills - History of achieving aggressive organizational goals and objectives, conveying sense of urgency while moving beyond challenges and obstacles.
- Thinking and Administrative Skills - Solid analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to analyze trends and suggest solutions to challenges. Proven project management skills.
- Achieve Successful Results – Takes the initiative to get things done.
- Demonstrates Adaptability – Works effectively in the midst of stress, ambiguity, difficult situations and shifting priorities.
- Strong leadership and communication skills