Head of Service and Technical
Consumer & Customer Care
Luton, United Kingdom
Head of Field Service & Technical Operations (UK)
Location: Luton, GB
By creating desirable solutions and great experiences that enrich people’s daily lives and the health of our planet, we want to be a driving force in delivering enjoyable and sustainable living. At Electrolux, we shape living for the better.
For us going to work everyday has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By staying humble and open for new ideas – we can push the boundaries for cooking, cleaning and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
For that, we employ great people from a wide variety
of backgrounds – not just because it’s the right thing to do, but also because
we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more
innovative. If you share our values, come find your place in our global
community. Meet us on @lifeatelectrolux and career.electroluxgroup.com to learn
The Ownership Sales & Services (OSS) department is key to the success of the UK operation. The key focus is to deliver service delivery through our third-party repair network, Independent Service Providers (ISPs) create new services to meet consumer needs thus driving Sales & Services growth through our Contact Centres and Service Technicians. All delivered with the consumer/customer at the heart of everything we do.
The primary objective of this role is to take the lead ensuring we provide the very best service delivery to our Customers and Consumers.
Reporting to the Head of Ownership Sales Service UK & Ireland, the Head of Field Service & Technical Operations UK, is responsible for ensuring field service operation and support functions deliver our commitment to our customers and consumers by delivering best in class services. Responsible for managing and leading a team your objectives are defining, implementing, and supporting initiatives on behalf of Electrolux and its Partners that maximise the Consumer Satisfaction as measured by NPS. Drive profitability of the Aftermarket function and the service businesses. Responsible for the aftermarket costs associated with M&A, warranty repairs, exchanges and outside of warranty repairs, exchanges and the preparation and management of the annual budget. Managing our own internal Technical team who support our third-party Independent Service Providers as well as our Contact Centre Teams. Working in collaboration closely with the central (Head Office) technical support function and providing input to the Group’s SCR quality improvement program and exchange reduction.
The successful candidate will also work in close collaboration with the OSS department heads, OSS key users and B.A functions to identify areas of improvement in processes, systems and people development that will drive sales, improved service levels for customers and consumer and drive efficiency in cost.
KEY OPERATIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage and monitor the performance of the Service businesses and implement improvement programmes as appropriate.
- Contribute to the definition and development of the Consumer Care Strategic plan and its implementation.
- Responsible for the preparation of the annual budget (Warranty, Goodwill and M&A) and achieving that budget
- Responsible for delivering and continually improving on the agreed service level KPI’s.
- Support crisis management on product safety issues.
- Support the AIR process (Alleged Incident Report)
- Support the Service Network Quality Manager UK in oversee the liaison with Trading Standards, British Standards, Government agencies and trade associations.
- Management of all assets within the control of the Service Operations in accordance with budgetary constraints.
- In conjunction with internal functions provide training and development opportunities and support to the Service team, so that they reach their optimum potential.
- Ensure all service providers are provided with product training and associated skills training.
- Liaise with Electrolux internal departments and external agencies in communicating policies and procedures and developing partnerships that further enhance the development of the Consumer and Aftermarket business.
- The promotion & marketing of the Service, Technical and Training operation.
- Work closely with the Electrolux Spares operation to optimise the performance of spare parts processes and sales associated with the Service network.
- Liaise with Major National retailers and key accounts with regards to after sales issues.
- Liaise with Electrolux Sales and Marketing companies with regards to after sales issues.
- Promote and support the Electrolux brands through After Sales activity.
- Provide Technical and Service support for the Groups Service Call Rate (SCR) reduction program.
CORE COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
- Consumer & Customer focused
- Experience of managing a fast-moving service operations business
- Must be a strong negotiator with proven commercial experience
- Assertive with an ability to build maintain relationships in challenging scenarios
- Technical Understanding/Experience
- Financial Awareness and budgetary control
- Strong & collaborative working style
- Strong team player
- Strong leadership capabilities
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, in both the internal and external environment
- Ability to influence and present to business managers and customers at all levels
- Strong leadership, presence, confidence, and relationship skills
- High level of numeric and analytical skill
- PC literacy – high levels of proficiency in ability to understand systems (SAP)
- Pro-active approach to problem solving, solution focussed mindset
- Well organised and structured approach – strong process and operating rhythm
- Seeker of “best practices”
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, prioritise and manage time effectively – priority driven thinker
Electrolux is a leading global appliance company that has shaped living for the better for more than 100 years. We reinvent taste, care and wellbeing experiences for millions of people, always striving to be at the forefront of sustainability in society through our solutions and operations. Under our brands, including Electrolux, AEG and Frigidaire, we sell approximately 60 million household products in approximately 120 markets every year. In 2020 Electrolux had sales of SEK 116 billion and employed 48,000 people around the world. For more information go to www.electroluxgroup.com.