Head of Supply Chain, India
At Electrolux, we are passionate about improving everyday life for millions of people and the planet. It’s embodied in everything we do. We believe that great tasting food brings people together. That our favorite clothes bring out the best in us. And that healthy homes are places we thrive in.
This is a hands on leadership position accountable for implementing Electrolux best practices to optimize the supply chain and drive continuous improvement in all areas of responsibility.
In this role, you will manage the end-to-end supply chain management for India markets with a particular focus on supply planning, demand planning and inbound/outbound logistics, customs clearance and warehouse and distribution aiming to reliably meet the following objectives:
- Support sales growth through improved product availability.
- Improve our cost base through reduced transportation, warehousing and write-off cost
- Improve working capital through optimized inventory
A Typical Day
- Develop demand forecast at PNC level using historical sales data, statistical forecasting techniques and business intelligence to create a baseline forecast. Work with Product, Sales and Marketing to get inputs on promotions, competitor developments and other business intelligence to create the rolling 12 month demand plan. Actively drive customer collaboration initiatives to help improve forecast accuracy.
- Set the appropriate inventory targets to ensure service commitments are in line with budget/forecasts whilst optimizing working capital.
- Develop the supply plans needed to maintain the optimal inventory levels and ensure timely placing of purchase orders to internal and external suppliers.
- Develop an effective relationship with suppliers (internal and external) and inform them of changes to the supply forecast on a timely basis. Monitor the performance levels of the suppliers and escalate supply issues in a constructive manner as and when they arise.
- Actively participate in the regional Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP) cycle by ensuring requested data is accurate/up-to-date and provided to other stakeholders in a timely manner, explain deviations and anomalies and provide solutions or propositions.
- Work with Product Line and Sales to create an optimal supply base and product portfolio aimed at improving stock turns, reducing obsolescence and scrapping cost.
- Work with country Sales (and the trade) as well as the 3PL partners to reduce product/packaging damage and returns as well as optimize the supply routing and stocking policies to meet the demand at the lowest possible cost and inventory levels.
- Facilitate and lead the regional S&OP process, covering each of the key elements (Product Review, Demand Review, Supply Review.)
Logistics, Warehousing & Transportation
- Conduct purchasing activities in accordance with requirements for both finished products and spare parts. Align with the suppliers and freight forwarders to ensure timely departure and arrival of the supplies at the desired destination.
- Work with our customs brokers to ensure goods are cleared quickly and efficiently. Ensure the necessary certificates, import licenses, etc. are acquired in time and maintained to ensure smooth supplies and low operational cost.
- Manage our 3PL partners to ensure day-to-day logistics activities across in-bound logistics, warehousing operations, distribution, returns and document management (including PODs) are executed in line with agreed performance levels/contracted Service Level Agreements (SLA) whilst continuously driving down our cost base.
- As and when appropriate facilitate and drive the 3PL RFP process to ensure rates are competitive and services meet the necessary standards.
- Understand customers’ needs, service those needs, and maintain and develop positive business relationships with a customer’s key personnel involved in or directly relevant to supply chain activities.
- Drive a better working model and collaboration to optimize supply chain management with other functions (sales, finance, product line, and service center) and with regional/ global counterparts.
- Pro-actively collaborate with supply chain staff, other departments and senior management to clarify and align on management objectives, to share and absorb information about business developments and performance and to highlight and address issues and opportunities.
- Active involvement in the hiring, training, supervision, mentoring, and performance evaluations of supply chain staff
- Manage a team including supply and demand planning, logistic and product import management, together with regional supply and Ops/various factories and day to day order management
- Identify and manage risk within the supply chain. Highlight and address unethical/unlawful practices.
- Use given key performance indicators (local, regional, sector), monitor and report ongoing performance and improve performance against set goals.
Who You Are
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in Supply Chain management (Planning, Forecasting, Logistics and Warehousing), ideally in a sales/manufacturing organization within the (durable) consumer goods, automotive or electronics industry
- Excellent understanding of operational demand forecasting and supply planning concepts and proven ability to apply these in practice. Experience with planning, preparing and leading S&OP meetings
- Solid understanding of core warehousing, logistics and distribution processes.
- Proven ability to consistently improve performance in the areas of service level improvement, inventory reduction or cost reduction.
- Is curious and has the analytical skills needed to independently investigate issues, develop solutions and articulate the associated business case
- Hands-on experience with team management and leadership. The ability to perform as part of a management team environment. Has the ability to get the best out of the team.
- Strong understanding of local export/import regulations and custom brokerage processes in the region.
- Experience of working with ERP solutions (for example JD Edwards/SAP/Oracle, etc.) and advanced supply chain planning tools
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word and Powerpoint.
- Basic Project Management skills and ideally experience with Lean Six Sigma Continuous Improvement methodology
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering. MBA- Operations / Supply Chain would be preferred