Head of Wellbeing
United Arab Emirates
Product Line Head Wellbeing, you will be part of the Sales Area Leadership Team
and lead the Middle East, North and Africa (MENCA) Wellbeing Categories team to
achieve profitable growth (and other financial targets) by driving the
Commercial agenda in the region.
- Strategic commercial planning
- Product launch excellence (Air, Water and Floor Care)
- Market understanding to drive consumer relevant innovation
A Typical Day
- You will lead the MENCA region in defining and executing future growth strategies for the Wellbeing categories and the key enablers. You will support this team in achieving competitive advantages in Wellbeing in the cluster, in line with overall Product Line Strategy.
will ensure that the MENCA team’s local knowledge and commercial insights form
a critical input to the regional product generation planning process. Critical to this will be leveraging your
effective working relationships with regional and global counterparts across
will also engage in a range of activities that enable increased speed to market
and operational excellence. You will
spend time with our Customers, alongside key members of the sales team. This forward-facing
interaction will provide value to our customer, providing specialist insights
into our product and increasing brand confidence. You will also coach the local
category team to greater direct engagement with the sales team and customers.
role in leading the commercial triangle (Marketing, Sales, Product Line) will
involve obtaining alignment across these key pillars in terms of the commercial
agenda and how that will be executed and measured. You will execute the commercial launches for
will work with your team to manage ranging by channel set market pricing. You will drive volume, price and mix and
manage channels and take actions to ensure performance.
will support your team in the preparation of their strategic plans and annual
category budgets, as well as monitoring and controlling costs across the Product
Marketing function. This will be done
via regular progress reviews to monitor and assess the performance against
will review roles and responsibilities within the team, ensure the appropriate
levels of capability for current roles, and ensure you are able to grow the
talent for future roles. You will liaise
with other business units, identifying cross functional talent and building a
robust succession pipeline, to support the current and future organization
objectives. (Build and lead strong team
of business leaders)
will drive productivity including but not limited to leveraging local, regional
and group wide resources, facilities and processes.
will ensure growth of category through new product, promotion and pricing
strategies by identifying opportunities in new and existing areas of business.
- Manage the product portfolio lifecycle in the cluster, across multiple brands with a clear understanding of profitability and investment criteria to create company shareholder value.
Who You Are
- You have a minimum of 5 years of experience in a global organization at a Senior level
- Demonstrated P&L management experience
- You will have gained your experience across a range of functions within the business, including: Marketing/Commercial Areas/Product Development, within a home appliance, or similar industry
- Product Management – Portfolio and Range Management
- You thrive in a matrix organization, with your ability to influence across different functions, levels and across geographical boundaries
- You possess a tertiary qualification in Business, Finance, Marketing or a related field
- You have proven leadership capabilities in delivering superior business results
- You possess a sound balance of strategic / conceptual thinking and operational focus
- Your true passion for products and consumer driven innovation is evident in everything you undertake
- You are commercially savvy & financially knowledgeable, with a keen business interest to drive profitable sales growth
- You display learning agility, with a demonstrated ability to embrace and drive change within an organization
- Delivers results - Shows tenacity and continuously strives to reach goals, delivering good quality in a timely manner despite obstacles. Demonstrates a focus on achieving results and objectives. Consistently strives to meet or exceed expectations.
- Commercial and growth drive - Demonstrates a practical understanding of and focus on both short and long-term commercial and business issues. Makes decisions with scalable solutions for future growth.
- Judgement and decision making - Exercises good judgement in making decisions, considering all the available sources of information and alternatives. Expresses clear and rational reasons for taking a decision.
- Cross-collaboration and networking - Establishes and develops useful networks, both inside and outside the organization, and uses them to their own and the organization's advantage. Encourage and promotes cross-collaboration to create greater business success.
- Influencing others - Makes a positive first impression, displaying immediate presence and credibility. Maintains their credibility with others over time. Acts with inspiration to get the team and others to follow.
- Leading others and self - Sets clear individual objectives and direction for others. Clarifies prioritizations. Adapts their leadership style according to specific individuals or situations.
Integrity and respect - Maintains high standards of honesty and trustworthiness. Considers ethical implications of issues and decisions while remaining pragmatic. Uses appropriate opportunities to bring difficult or sensitive issues into the open.