Health and Safety Specialist
A REGULAR DAY AT WORK (Essential Duties):
For us going to work every day has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By being sustainable and open to new ideas we can push the boundaries of cooking, cleaning, and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
The Environmental, Health & Safety Specialist will enhance Electrolux’s occupational safety and health and environmental performance by assisting the EHS Director in implementing an EHS Management System and New View Safety initiatives, in both newly constructed and existing appliance manufacturing and warehousing environments. The primary focus of the EHS Specialist will be to ensure compliance to regulations and company requirements whilst improving workplace health and safety, including but not limited to the following while working in a matrix organization. Current focus will be installation and start-up of new manufacturing operations with a focus on robotic and automation safety related programs.
- Assist in the development and implementation of comprehensive environmental, safety and health management systems and processes
- Assist in the development and implementation of human and organizational performance programs and behaviors
Development and facilitation of EH&S training
- Support day-to-day activities and collaborate with the plant management team on regulatory EH&S requirements and their application within our plant and processes
- Perform observations, compliance audits and implementation of corrective actions
- Participate in incident investigations through root cause analysis, including development and implementation of corrective and preventive measures
- Conduct regulatory compliance audits to ensure effective implementation of health and safety programs to regulatory and company requirements
- Performing PPE and Ergonomic workstation evaluations
WHO YOU ARE:
- With a number of projects running simultaneously, flexibility and agility are essential.
- You can quickly understand and assess a situation and react confidently, making decisions even where there is ambiguity.
- With an eye for detail and the ability to interpret complex data, you can also translate this into meaningful, useful information that informs decision-making.
- You can manage changing priorities with ease.
- You know your stuff and apply your knowledge and new ways of thinking to innovate new ways of working.
- You nurture and develop the relationships that implement innovation.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (Minimum Qualifications):
- Bachelor’s degree in an Engineering or Health and/or Safety related field
- 3 -7 years of health and safety related experience in a manufacturing environment
- Working knowledge of OSHA regulations
- Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook proficiency
- Preferred Safety or Occupational Health related certification (ASP, CSP, IHIT, CIH, PE, etc.)
- Preferred Machine, robot and electrical safety experience
- Preferred OSHA 10/30 Hour Certification