HR Generalist-3rd Shift
REGULAR DAY AT WORK (Essential Duties):
For us going to work every day has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By being sustainable and open to new ideas we can push the boundaries of cooking, cleaning, and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
- Keep in touch with hourly employees to understand employee issues, responding to those matters effectively in a timely manner (e.g. periodical round tables).
- Lead, coach and supervise a social worker in different initiatives focus in people retention.
- Suggests and execute HR policies, procedures, and programs in an efficient and timely manner.
- Work with area managers or area supervisors to ensure a positive and productive work environment.
- Promote effective communications and employee retention and complete employee relations program.
- Perform and send continuous reports like absenteeism for different leaders.
- Understands labor relations related legislation and agreements and how they apply to business issues, assuring legal documentation and process are in place.
- Ensure compliance with any legal or regulatory changes pertaining to labor and employment laws.
- Maintains awareness on matters of local and external labor relation environment.
- Leads negotiation process to resolve issues between employees and supervisors and the business at large.
- Suggest and implement performance measurement and feedback tools that support business strategies, objectives, and core values.
- Manage conflicts among employees based with emotional self-control.
- Monitor, measure, and report on Labor Relation aspects within agreed formats and timeframes as well as 1800 calls investigation and follow up.
- Participate in follow up of employee’s legal labor demands.
- Participates in and supports organizational initiatives such as ISO, Safety, EMS.
- Participate in cross-functional teams, with the purpose to create continues improvement.
- Ensure activities meet with the organization’s requirements for quality management, health and safety, legal stipulations, environmental policies, and overall profitability.
- Administer Electrolux work rules, STPS (Secretary of labor and social security) and Code of Conduct to monitor their application and enforcement to ensure consistency as well as the disciplinary action application to employees.
- Take a lead role to implement and follow up absenteeism and turnover programs for direct and indirect employees.
- Take a lead in the environment and services surveys application and action plan follow up.
- Support on employee recognition and social events.
- Administrate the strategic, technical, and administrative duties with cafeteria and buses vendor, as well the medical service vendor coordination.
WHO YOU ARE:
- You build trust, good working relationships and communicate effectively with your colleagues and across functions.
- Whether face-to-face or on the phone, you can communicate plans and articulate your ideas with colleagues and customers at all levels.
- You understand and empathize with people and can apply your people and problem solving skills to reassuring customers.
- Your enthusiasm is infectious and inspires and engages your colleagues and collaborators to achieve, deliver, be accountable and own their work. You’ll also have the stamina essential to delivering results in both the short and long term.
- You are open to opportunity and can see the bigger picture, keeping consumers and colleagues front of mind as you embrace the opportunities that our diversity offers.
- For you, every challenge offers opportunity and potential. You just have to find it.
- You are driven to succeed and focused on leading your team to achieve.
We employ great people from a wide variety of backgrounds – not just because it’s the right thing to do, but also because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, come find your place in our global community. Meet us on @lifeatelectrolux and career.electroluxgroup.com to learn more.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (Minimum Qualifications):
- BS degree in Industrial Relations, Business Administration or related fields.
- + 5 years of experience working with labor relations field and human resources related in manufacturing environment.
- Negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Maintains confidentiality; absolutely trusted by others.
- Fluent in Spanish and English 70% (verbal communication).
- Labor Relations Legal knowledge.
- ISO 9001 and 14001 auditing knowledge.
- Knowledge and proficiencies in MS Office (Windows, Excel, Word, Power Point, TRESS).
- Have experience with Employees Official Agreements Coordination (Dates Interchange) and Employee Survey Experience.