HR Manager, Vietnam
Your role as an HR Manager carries out responsibilities in the following HR function areas: recruitment and onboarding, compensation and benefits administration, learning and development, employee and industrial relations, project and HR reporting.
A Typical Day
- Work with business leaders in planning manpower and manpower budget plans
- Partner with talent acquisition team to translate business requirements in terms of recruitment and placement of candidates.
- Schedules onboarding and New Employee Orientation appointments.
- Responsible for group onboarding events to ensure targeted employee groups are efficiently on boarded with all information and system updates completed in a timely manner.
HR EMPLOYEE LIFECYCLE
- Provide effective advice to people managers and employees regarding requirement, onboarding, talent review, performance management, compensation and benefits, promotions and exit/ off boarding.
- Ensure timely provision of advice and support to people managers on all aspects of employee lifecycle.
- Ensure efficiency and continuous improvement of operational HR Processes including automation of key process steps related to employee lifecycle.
- Oversee the preparation of employment contract ensuring compliance with labor laws in relation to relevant laws
- Ensure timely update of employee data on TalentOne through the employee cycle.
- Provide support to people manager to drive excellence in people management, great working environment and to develop people management capability.
EMPLOYEE AND INDUSTRIAL RELATIONS
- Has good working knowledge of Vietnam Labor laws and experience in case management
- Provide pragmatic advice support to people managers and employees on employee and industrial relations
- Work with managers in collaborative way, ensuring that policy and best practice are applied fairly and consistently across the organization.
- Support the HR director on investigations into disciplinary issues and grievances, provide support and advice with legal team in case management and due to process as needed
- Work with people managers on employee claims, Return to work arrangements and other work-related absences
- Liaise with legal team in case management and due to process as needed
LEARNING AND DEVELOPMENT
- Conduct training needs aa analysis across the organization and work with Talent Management team to plan learning and development programs for the business
- Ensure that manager training program is implemented, maintained and delivered on timely basis to all new and promoted Managers, including but not limited to hiring process, terminations, promotions, performance reviews, health & safety, HR policies and procedures.
- Contribute to the development, implementation, monitoring and continuous improvement of the organization’s workforce.
- Ensure best practice new employee on boarding and induction.
- Keep abreast of developments in employment legislation and case law and be proactive in ensuring all employees are appropriately briefed on relevant changes and new legislation.
- Proactive and personal ownership of your performance and development within the organization. Ensure that you are updated with HR trends and best practices in HR Communities within and outside Electrolux.
- Provide meaningful analysis of people data on the following: recruitment, learning and development, compensation, attrition and retention, talent management
In this role, you will be dealing with Electrolux’ internal and external customers. You should be confident in dealing with leaders both from a country level perspective.
In Electrolux, we encourage open communication at all levels and put emphasis in dealing with our customers as well as colleagues with integrity and respect. You will be working in Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam office on regular working hours and may be required to travel both domestic and international.
Who You Are
- For you to succeed in this role, you should be:
- Analytical and Numerate - You can balance commercial considerations without compromising on quality, evaluating the data to inform decision-making and continuous improvement
- Collaborative - You build networks and trust, good working relationships and apply your influence to shaping change
- Influential - You know your stuff and can articulate it well; building a case that is sound and people can buy into
- A Leader - You have a vision and a purpose, and you can inspire and influence others to not only share it, but apply their abilities to achieving it.
- You are expected to participate in special projects as requested by Electrolux management either as required by the business and/or as part or your career development plan.
You should have a degree Human Resource Management, Industrial Relations, or Psychology; preferably you have a master’s degree in human resource management, or MBA.
- At least 5 to 7+ years’ experience HRBP or HR Generalist / HR Specialist
- Must have experience in Learning and Development, Compensation & Benefits, as well as HR Operations.
- Working knowledge of Labor Code, taxation and relevant workplace legislations
- You should have experience in utilizing HR tools, MSOffice, and familiar in people analytics.