HRBP CoE Finance & BA IT, APAC & MEA
The HR Business Partner is responsible for developing and implementing the human resources strategy for APAC Center of Excellence (Malaysia), as an integral part of the unit’s business strategy for a sustainable growth.
As a member of the management team of APAC CoE and IT, APAC & MEA, the HR Business Partner provides leadership on the people aspects of the business plans and provides solutions and advice to management on people and organizational issues. He/she drives and implements Group and HR policies and programs, and supports managers in engaging their people around the company’s values, strategy and objectives.
A Typical Day
- Local HR Business Partner supports the embedding of the business’s strategies at various departments and levels, providing guidance and input on workforce planning, business unit restructures, and succession planning, ensuring that core HR processes are applied appropriately and in a legally compliant manner.
- Development of work force plan, strategies for people management, succession planning, and talent management for key roles.
- Provides support to stakeholders by coaching them into thinking innovatively about their work processes and team structures with a view of improving the business’s overall efficiencies.
- Performance management guidance to the business’s management personnel through coaching, career development, counseling, and disciplinary actions.
- Involve actively in organization change management activities
- Lead and be an ambassador on shaping organization culture
- Support transformation projects and services migration
EMPLOYER OF CHOICE:
- Design and execute EVP initiatives
- Works with the stakeholders throughout the business with a view of further driving the people management agenda that will in turn support the achievement of the business’s overall goals with a high level of employee engagement.
- Design and development of the right programs to enable business growth through attraction, selection and development of employees.
- Tasked with maintaining healthy relationships across the business. In this capacity, he conducts regular meetings with the various business departments, builds, and develops trusted relationships with the various departmental leaderships.
- Analysis of trends and metrics in order to develop and enhance solutions, processes, and programs that address current problems and to mitigate risks.
- Measurement, validation, and testing of the effectiveness of metrics applied to the business to assess and drive productivity optimization.
- In-depth knowledge of the legal requirements, internal and external, related to the day-to-day management of employees within the business, reducing legal risks, guaranteeing regulatory compliance, and most importantly enabling employee satisfaction and retention.
- The role of the Local HR Business Partner is largely a collaborative one. Local HR Business Partner teams up with other HR departmental teams in determining approaches to matters of recruitment, compensation, and other HR functions in order to ensure that the programs in place are effective and efficient.
Who You Are
- University degree in Management, Psychology, Human Resources, or other related areas
- Minimum 5 years of experience in HR Business Partner roles
- Prior recruiting, training, Development and HR generalist background required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Able to work in an autonomous manner with a strong sense of initiative and priority.
- Labor Law, Psychology, Negotiations, Customer Service Techniques and Conflict Management.
- Business Partner: Demonstrate passion for the business; Drive solutions to deliver on business needs
- Capability Builder: Optimize organizational effectiveness; Develop high performing teams; Drive improvement of individual performance
- Change Champion: Demonstrate courage to challenge status quo; Initiate, drive and make change stick
- Cross- Collaborator: Build credibility; Collaborate effectively
- HR innovator & integrator: Exhibit knowledge of core HR processes; Leverage HR knowledge to drive simplification and continuous improvements
- English (Required)
- Malay or Chinese (preferred)