The Human Resources Services (HRS) Administrator responds to and resolves questions and inquiries regarding human resources policies, processes and transactions and employee benefit programs. This position is responsible for providing general HR administrative support related to employee records, pay and benefit changes, and other employee transactions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide day to day HR administrative support including, but not limited to, maintaining personnel files, processing employee documents, responding to employment verifications, time and attendance administration, employee leave administration and general employee and candidate inquiries.
- Answer calls from employees and managers and address their questions or issues related to HR in line with HR policies and processes in an accurate and timely manner. Escalate unresolved queries to the appropriate specialist as necessary.
- Process all pay and benefit related changes pertaining to new hires, terminations, leave of absences, open enrollment, and other employee changes (i.e. promotions, pay changes, commissions, garnishments).
- Administer employee benefit programs, ensuring compliance with Summary Plan Descriptions (SPDs).
- Investigate and resolve employee paycheck and benefit related issues and communicate pertinent information to stakeholders (i.e. employees, managers, accounting, HR Business Partners).
- Assist with annual Open Enrollment process including preparation of documents, employee inquiries, and HRIS updates.
- Responsible for verification of dependent eligibility and oversee eligibility audit work with insurance providers.
- Maintain uncompromising confidentiality of information and exercise wise judgment and protocols when working with confidential information/documentation.
- Bachelor's Degree or 1-2 years administrative experience required.
- High level knowledge of Excel and other Microsoft Office Suite software programs
- Experience with Ultimate Software or other SaaS is a plus.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Collaborates well with the ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Must be able to successfully work in a fast paced environment and manage multiple priorities
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Ability to build rapport and establish and maintain good cross-functional working relationships
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to meet timelines and deliver results quickly
- Initiative in solving problems and creating and implementing proactive responses
- Prior experience with HRIS systems is desirable
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion is mandatory
- Exceptional ability to adjust to changing priorities, work and manage projects independently
- Proactive attitude with ‘can-do’ spirit