Human Resource Manager
will be a direct report of the Director, Human Resources and a key part of the HR
Team responsible for starting up Electrolux’s new Cooking Plant in Memphis, TN.
Initial priorities will be focused on assisting with building the team
including staffing, on boarding and policy development for all salaried and hourly
colleagues to prepare for start-up. Direct reports include an HR Coordinator,
Recruiter, Training Specialist, Payroll Specialist and HR Admin. Responsibilities also include providing practical,
consistent and proactive support, direction and advice to other functional
managers on HR procedure and policy to facilitate in achieving the objectives
and targets of the organization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Deliver on the daily, weekly and monthly Absenteeism and turnover deliverables
- Design and implement HR Metrics, policies and processes
- Develop and implement standard plant HR policies using existing Best Practices as benchmark
- Drive core HR process execution
- Provide consistent guidance and advise to managers on personnel issues.
- Raise proactive issues with managers, identifying practical solutions to complex and diverse HR issues and recommending appropriate action plans.
- Develop tools in collaboration of management team to maximize opportunities for continuous improvement initiatives.
- Understand business context, issues and challenges to provide specific advice to Managers.Work with Managers to understand future requirements.
- Work with Manager to understand key performance issues, objectives and drivers and their implications for people and organizational structure.
- Review and provide recommendations for revised policies in compliance with changing or new legislation.
- Receiving employee complaints and acting accordingly to achieve resolution.
- Managing employee survey process and reporting of results.
- Bachelor’s degree required preferably in Human Resources or Business; Masters degree a plus
- 5 plus years HR experience in a manufacturing environment; start-up and high volume staffing experience strongly preferred
- Demonstrated expertise with developing and implementing HR policy.
- Demonstrated success establishing goals and objectives to meet key deliverables and commitments using fact based information and data
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Integrity and trust
- Customer focus
- Managerial courage
- Drive for results
- Problem solving
- Action oriented
- High tolerance for ambiguity
- Change leadership
- Business acumen