Human Resources Business Partner
Mascot, New South Wales
You will support the delivery of the People Strategy, driving awareness, education, adoption & engagement of key HR programs & initiatives with designated Functions across the ANZ business.
You provide guidance on people related aspects of business plans and solutions, for leaders & other stakeholders regarding people &/or organisational issues. The HRBP’s partnership, advice & direction supports the business’ strategic & tactical objectives, by the identification and development of targeted interventions which deliver optimal commercial performance in line with Electrolux’s Core Competencies.
The keys to success are your;
· Commercial Acumen
o Understanding of the business’ context, issues and challenges, enabling provision of effective advice (and direction as relevant) to leaders and other stakeholders. Use and review market & legal data and trend reporting to identify and action risks & opportunities, support advice, recommendations &/or directions.
o Collaboration with leaders to understand key performance issues, objectives and drivers and their implications for how people matters should be handled. Coach, challenge & support leaders to effectively lead, handle people issues & maximise performance outcomes.
o Active participation in / contribution to business planning, with provision of guidance to support effective delivery of the People Strategy. Drive talent plans & business cases for change (people, structures and costs) which optimise organisation, team & individual capability.
o Identification of cost effective, measurable people solutions, wherever possible developing tools in collaboration with Global & Business Area (BA) Centres of Expertise & HR Services, to maximize opportunities for economies of scale, consistency and shared learning.
o Provision of implementation support for Global & BA people Programs & initiatives, acting as an advocate for change, engaging local stakeholders, challenging & coaching leaders to engage & adopt.
A Typical Day
Your day may involve;
· Supporting leaders to develop, monitor progress against & provide advice regarding performance objectives & improvement plans, development & succession plans, change & business plans
· Partnering with leaders to plan, monitor & adjust resource plans. Maximise development & allocation of the internal talent pool
· Work with the Talent Acquisition Partner and leaders to shortlist and/or select designated positions
· Educate & provide advice to leaders in managing employment related matters, ensuring compliance with applicable Awards, Agreements and general employment laws / legislation
· Support leaders to identify, eliminate or mitigate risks and maximise opportunities
· Manage any complex cases and those escalated by HR Services
· Plan approaches for redundancy where necessary, identifying affected groups, creating transition plans and handling communications
· Work with the HR team to review, develop and implement initiatives across ANZ which contribute towards a strong employee value proposition and our ability to obtain Employer of Choice recognition
· Partnering with leaders to define structural requirements, changes required, creating business cases and associated planning. Develop and facilitate/issue/handle communications to support the changes
Reward and Recognition
· Review & recommend benchmarks and adjustments of compensation & benefits, in line with the market, available budget, talent capability, potential & individual expectations
Work Health & Safety
· Partner with the WHS Manager and leaders to identify, eliminate or mitigate risks and support the effective management of issues as they arise i.e. incidents, claims, return to work plans
· Support the awareness, education & adoption of Wellness & Diversity initiatives & programs
· Regularly review, monitor & share people metrics to enable swift identification and action of issues & opportunities. Assist to further develop and/or analyse associated reporting to enable effective understanding and/or action
Who You Are
· Adaptable - With a number of projects running simultaneously, flexibility and agility are essential.
· Collaborative - You build trust, good working relationships and communicate effectively with your colleagues and across functions.
· Expert - You not only know your area of expertise, you’re passionate about it and how it can enable and support people to work better and achieve more.
· Influential - You know your stuff and can articulate it well; building a case that is sound and people can buy into.
· Open Minded - For you, every challenge offers opportunity and potential. You just have to find it
· Organised - You set the pace and the priorities, and then you bring a methodical approach to meeting your goals.
· A self-starter - You can work autonomously but will never be on your own, working proactively to identify the opportunities and implement the plan.
· A strategic thinker - You can join the dots to take us from where we are to where we want to be, mapping the clear routes and strategies essential to achieving our goals.