Import Material Planner
A material planner-Import is responsible for buying import components from selected oversea suppliers. The components that they buy may include, for example: chemical parts, electrical parts and mechanical parts.
These have to be bought at the right price, quality and quantity, and at the right time, to meet the needs of the customer. To do this successfully, planners have to understand the needs of the customer and they will spend the majority of their time in supplier performance as well as stock value control.
The work of material planner may involve:
- Planning and buying components at the right price,
quality and quantity and at the right time.
- Managing relationships with existing suppliers.
- Negotiating contracts with suppliers to cover quality, quantity and delivery.
- Keeping up to date with production plan and reacting to changes in demand.
- Monitoring stock value stock turn day and outstanding orders.
- Liaising with colleagues in discrepancy of shipping/packing and non-conforming parts to suppliers.
- Reports and attending meetings with supervisors.
- Optimizing transportation cost and analyzing freight cost.
- Planning and buying components follow ECN&ECR project.
- Bachelor Degree in Business Administration, Logistics and or other
- 2-3 years working experience in production and materials planning.
- Have strong import/export business skills and be commercially aware.
- Have knowledge Electrolux computer systems: MS office, Outlook, Magman, Porvs, Electrolux supplier portal.
- Have good ideas and be creative and well organized.
- Have good negotiation skills.
- Be good at working in a team.
- Have excellent communication skills. / English skill necessary.
- Be able to make decisions quickly and sometimes under pressure.
- Be able to cope with pressure - there is a high level of responsibility which can bring stress.
- Have determination and excellent understanding and knowledge of the components being purchased.
- Have excellent problem-solving skills.