Inbound Transportation Manager
The Manager of Inbound Transportation is responsible for all aspects of inbound transportation, including management of the international transportation team and all domestic transportation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Management of full-time and temporary employees both onsite and remote.
- Manage Annual Inbound Transportation Budget totaling >$100M.
- Build and maintain collaborative and supportive relationships with carrier partners.
- Develop programs and procedures to reduce transportation costs and improve on-time delivery performance. Analyze alternate transportation solutions in an effort to provide a cost-effective transportation model.
- Manage the logistics function for inbound shipments, coordinating with factories and forwarders to ensure the efficient movement of goods from origin to destination.
- Act as subject matter expert on the topic of logistics for product lines to help determine landed cost analysis as well as new business feasibility.
- Responsible for data accuracy within inbound freight system.
- Manage day to day activities of 3PL transportation service provider.
- Liaison with Sourcing and Order Management teams to understand forecasts and ensure correct customer invoicing.
- Liaison with Outbound Transportation Manager to ensure connectivity to reduce costs and maintain or improve service.
- Responsible for management reporting on delivery on-time (DOT) and premium costs.
- Manage contracted carrier MQCs and help resolve service issues.
- Work with Global Logistics to organize data for new contract negotiations.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Six Sigma or Lean Experience preferred
- 5+ years’ experience in a supply chain or engineering function required
- 3PL experience preferred
- Experience managing direct reports
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- A passionate, high energy leader who is able to motivate the team and influence others in order to deliver results
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple projects with both strategic and tactical responsibility
- Superior interpersonal skills; strong verbal and written communications and presentation skills
- Strong analytical skills, high level of accuracy and demonstrated skills at extracting data from multiple sources and consolidating into management-friendly information that can contribute to solid decision making
- Intermediate computer skills (Excel, Access, Word, JDE, SAP)
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks/projects simultaneously