Income Tax Analyst
To support the Electrolux North America income tax team activities and processes including projections, provision for income taxes, compliance, and planning initiatives involving the areas of federal, state & local, Canada, transfer pricing, and U.S. international tax. Provide support in minimizing the legal tax liability to the company through assisting in preparing analysis, workpapers, schedules, tax returns and research. The position is located at the E;lectrolux North America headquarters in Charlotte, North Carolina USA.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- The position requires the ability to collaborate with various internal functional areas including within the Tax Department itself, coordinating with external service providers and working in a process oriented and team environment.
- Collect, review, analyze and process financial information used to support income tax analysis including:
- Prepare complex supporting data and work papers to support tax planning, research projections, compliance and audits and examinations by various tax authorities
- Work directly with Electrolux internal and external contacts, including other Electrolux functional areas and countries to ensure that the appropriate information is gathered.
- Proficiently convey data and analysis to management teams so they are able to provide advice to business and services units.
- Identify and define process improvement opportunities in technical tax areas and compliance to facilitate streamlining and automation for efficiency
- Perform tax law and case-history research to identify law changes, support technical positions and minimize Electrolux tax risks and document accordingly.
- Possible areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to: data input, analysis and processing information into tax provision, general ledger and compliance systems and other calculations or projections; enhancing and improving current data gathering and analysis techniques.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in accounting or finance
- Minimum 1 to 2 years of experience in income tax
- Certified Public Accountant or plan to accomplish a plus
- Personal computer skills including strong ability to use Excel
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Strengths in personal accountability, initiative and leadership
- Ability to coordinate and prioritize workload between multiple managers
- CorpTax experience a plus
- Minimal travel