Indirect Purchasing Specialist, MRO
Purchasing & Sourcing
The MRO Indirect Purchasing Specialist will be responsible for sourcing and securing required indirect materials, parts and services for our North America distribution centers and warehouses. This position will serve as a centralized purchasing agent and specialists and will use experience, knowledge and standardized procedures to support and train internal customers with purchasing requirements. The MRO Indirect Purchasing Specialist will also be responsible for driving process improvement, standardization and identifying cost savings initiatives. This position will require some travel, requiring visits to warehouses and distribution centers. The purpose of this role is to ensure the most efficient and accurate process and documentation of transactions with the overall goal of minimizing the total cost of transactions without impacting service levels.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Understand and articulate business and supply chain characteristics, as well as market conditions, for suppliers and commodities assigned.
- Facilitate bids and perform analysis and negotiations for goods and services.
- Negotiate and monitor procurement contracts and supplier agreements.
- Accurately complete contracts and purchase orders for indirect materials and expense purchases per Electrolux’s standard process.
- Perform data analysis of MRO and indirect purchase spend to determine effective cost saving opportunities that align to category initiatives and targets.
- Deliver quantifiable changes and savings to the organization through targeted cost reduction programs.
- Continuously identify, measure, improve, and follow purchasing processes.
- Manage the day-to-day business relationship with key suppliers and stakeholders through supporting activities including ordering, forecasting, changes to delivery, back-orders, issue resolution and business reviews.
- Develop a strong understanding and knowledge of suppliers and capabilities across North America.
- Manage supplier relationships to ensure continuity of good and services that meet the quality, service and price performance standards of the company.
- Monitor and report supplier performance to corporate objectives.
- Perform supplier qualification audits as needed.
- Drive implementation of global/regional agreements.
- Assist with invoicing, goods receipts, and coordination with Accounts Payable
- Actively contribute to development and achievement of yearly operation and budget plan.
- Implements Electrolux procurement policies and procedures, sets guidelines and supports training.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously, resolve problems, meet deadlines and handle fast paced critical work environment.
- Understand, communicate and enforce Electrolux Home Products policy as it pertains to supplier and internal issues.
- Establish and maintain positive working relationships across key stakeholders and business partners.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum of 3 years purchasing, indirect buying, negotiations, finance and material management experience
- Knowledge of purchasing practices and procedures
- Ability to travel 25%
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Ability to work autonomously, creative thinker, and problem solver
- Financial skills to assess the total cost of procurement
- Expertise in project management, procurement methods, and data analysis
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Willingly help out in all areas of the operation, taking the initiative to help others with work-loads
- Ability to work with a wide range of technical, sales, manufacturing, management personnel and business process owners
- Strong analytical skills and experience with spreadsheets.
- Strong aptitude for details
- Communicate clearly and concisely verbally and in writing
- Mature thinking and professional presentation with common sense and judgment in a broad business perspective;
- Proven presence that commands the respect and trust of customers and employees at all levels with the organization;
- Highly intelligent, perceptive individual who possesses excellent conceptual, analytical, problem-solving and organizational skills;
- Possess the flexibility in reacting to new situations and adaptability for working in a new environment;
- Strong results orientation and positive "can do" attitude with a sense of urgency to get things done;
- Self-starter; a "hands-on" individual who enjoys challenge and is dedicated to getting the job done with minimal support and direction
- Collaborative leader and team player
- Characterized by integrity and high professional standards.
- Strong ability to work effectively within time constraints, changing priorities, and independently.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively problem solve through utilizing critical thinking and data analytics
- Passion for continuous improvement and driving positive change
- Demonstrated understanding of the importance of customer service and internal/external stakeholder management
- Results-oriented and demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple priorities simultaneously and meet critical deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as teamwork and interpersonal skills, to include the ability to develop high quality working relationships both internally and externally with customers and key stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible and adaptive to internal processes and change, delays or unexpected events
- Self-motivated, energetic, dependable, honest and thorough
- Intermediate level proficiency in MS Office software applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project)