Indirect Purchasing Specialist / MRO
Purchasing & Sourcing
A REGULAR DAY AT WORK (Essential Duties):
For us going to work every day has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By being sustainable and open to new ideas we can push the boundaries of cooking, cleaning, and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
In this role you will be responsible for sourcing and securing required indirect materials, parts and services for our North American distribution centers and warehouses. You will serve as a centralized purchasing agent specialist and will use experience, knowledge and standardized procedures to support and train internal customers with purchasing requirements. The MRO Indirect Purchasing Specialist will also be responsible for driving process improvement, standardization, identifying cost savings initiatives and working to ensure the most efficient and accurate process and documentation of transactions with the overall goal of minimizing the total cost of transactions without impacting service levels. You will facilitate bids, perform analysis and negotiations for goods and services, negotiate and monitor procurement contracts and supplier agreements and accurately complete contracts and purchase orders for indirect materials and expense purchases per Electrolux’s standard process.
- Understand and articulate business and supply chain characteristics, as well as market conditions, for suppliers and commodities assigned.
- Perform data analysis of MRO and indirect purchase spend to determine effective cost saving opportunities that align to category initiatives and targets.
- Deliver quantifiable changes and savings to the organization through targeted cost reduction programs continuously identifying, measuring, improving, and following purchasing processes.
- Develop a strong understanding and knowledge of suppliers and capabilities across North America while managing the day-to-day business relationship with key suppliers and stakeholders through supporting activities including ordering, forecasting, changes to delivery, back-orders, issue resolution and business reviews.
- Manage supplier relationships to ensure continuity of good and services that meet the quality, service and price performance standards of the company.
- Monitor and report supplier performance to corporate objectives to drive implementation of global/regional agreements, perform supplier qualification audits as needed.
- Assist with invoicing, goods receipts and coordination with Accounts Payable while actively contributing to development and achievement of yearly operation and budget plan.
- Implements Electrolux procurement policies and procedures, sets guidelines and supports training communicating and enforcing Electrolux Home Products policy as it pertains to supplier and internal issues.
***INSERT YOU SECTION
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (Minimum Qualifications):
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum of 5years of purchasing practices and procedures
- Minimum of 5 years business partnering or negotiating experience
- Financial skills to assess the total cost of procurement
- Experience in project management, procurement methods, and data analysis
- Experience working with a wide range of technical, sales, manufacturing, management personnel and business process owners
- Intermediate level proficiency in MS Office software applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project)
- Ariba or SAP experience, nice to have