Industrial Design Intern
REGULAR DAY AT WORK (ESSENTIAL DUTIES):
For us going to work every day has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By being sustainable and open to new ideas we can push the boundaries of cooking, cleaning, and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
This Industrial Design Internship role is the perfect opportunity for any individual looking to contribute content that would include but not be limited to initial concepts through final production intent content. The successful candidate will assist in creating new and innovative design solutions for the Major Appliances North America division of Electrolux and have the opportunity to work on multiple product platforms and represent our design team while working with a wide variety of stakeholders across the Electrolux organization. The position will be in Charlotte, NC. We are looking for a passionate and energetic individual to join our ambitious and hardworking family for a period of no less than six months.
- Ensure a high-quality Design output, respecting business requirements, brand values and design excellence.
- Define and articulate relevant insights by applying benchmarking tools.
- Build relationships, team-ship with internal & external stakeholders.
- Meet internal and external deadlines according to project planning.
- Support relevant involvement of consumers and expert reviews.
- Able to create design specification of a product or a range of products within a category in collaboration with Design Manager as part of the multifunctional team.
- Align and co-operate with internal / external stakeholders, other design functions, development centers, purchasers, marketing, engineering, suppliers, etc. according to design strategy.
- Create and support design quality standards regarding appeal, usability, and Fit Feel Finish from consumer perspective.
- Assist in the creation of Industrial Design documentations specifications (2D and 3D data, check point presentation material etc.) at appropriate checkpoints.
WHO YOU ARE:
- Both reactive and proactive, you work efficiently and flexibly to deliver results.
- You always strive for better, in your work and for your future.
- You ask and you listen, you take ideas on board and work with your team, taking everyone in the same direction.
- You want to know everything about everything.
- You can manage changing priorities with ease.
- With lots of initiative, you always have something to do and thrive on being productive.
We employ great people from a wide variety of backgrounds – not just because it’s the right thing to do, but also because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, come find your place in our global community. Meet us on @lifeatelectrolux and career.electroluxgroup.com to learn more.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS):
- Current or enrollment in an appropriate field such as Industrial Design or Product Design.
- Second Year enrollment level.
- Position participation must occur within academic program or authorized break within undergraduate or graduate degree program.
- Shareable project work via web site or portfolio.
- Able to use appropriate skills, sketching, 3D modeling, rendering, animation and video, to define and communicate product concepts.
- Ability to analyze market and design trends and apply through design thinking.