Industrial Design Intern (Spring 2021)
A REGULAR DAY AT WORK (Essential Duties):
For us going to work every day has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By being sustainable and open to new ideas we can push the boundaries of cooking, cleaning, and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
This Industrial Design Internship role is the perfect opportunity for any individual looking to contribute content that would include but not be limited to initial concepts though final production intent content. You will assist in creating new and innovative design solutions for the Major Appliances North America division of Electrolux ensuring a high-quality Design output, respecting business requirements, brand values and design excellence. You will have the opportunity to work on multiple product platforms and represent our design team whilst working with a wide variety of stakeholders across the Electrolux organization. Our brands in NA include Electrolux, Frigidaire and Vintec. Our team takes a user-focused approach, acting as a strong advocate for the consumer’s needs throughout the end to end journey of the brand experience. With an understanding of consumer segmentation and target groups you will strive for best-in class design solutions to meet or exceed the needs of internal and external customers and create and support design quality standards in regard to appeal, usability and Fit Feel Finish from consumer perspective.
- Able to use appropriate skills, sketching, 3D modeling, rendering, animation and video, to define and communicate product concepts
- Ability to analyze market and design trends and apply through design thinking and define and articulate relevant insights by applying benchmarking tools
- Create broad differentiated and relevant scenarios/ themes/ concepts that explore potential or articulate an innovative proposition
- Build relationships, team-ship with internal & external stakeholders and communicate ideas clearly and persuasively at an individual and group level to meet internal and external deadlines according to project planning
- Apply and define interface and interaction principles. Define and apply general usability principles (in partnership with other competencies e.g. Interaction Design, Product Graphics, CMF, etc.)
- Assist in the creation of Industrial Design documentations specifications (2D and 3D data, check point presentation material etc.) at appropriate checkpoints
- Create design specification of a product or a range of products within a category in collaboration with Design Manager as part of the multifunctional team
WHO YOU ARE:
- With a number of projects running simultaneously, flexibility and agility are essential.
- Both reactive and proactive, you work efficiently and flexibly to deliver results.
- You can balance commercial considerations without compromising on quality, evaluating the data to inform decision-making and continuous improvement.
- You can make yourself understood and are a good listener.
- You set the pace and the priorities, and then you bring a methodical approach to meeting your goals.
- You can work autonomously but will never be on your own, working proactively to identify the opportunities and implement the plan.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (Minimum Qualifications)
- Current or enrollment in an appropriate field such as Industrial Design or Product Design
- Second Year enrollment level
- Position participation must occur within academic program or authorized break within undergraduate or graduate degree program
- Shareable project work via web site or portfolio
- Solid understanding of design methods, tools and processes with an understanding the importance of good design and brand values, and their impact on the business