Electrolux is currently looking for a talented and highly creative Industrial Designer who will be part of the North American Major Appliances design team. The successful candidate will be responsible for working with colleagues in the development of new and innovative design solutions for the North American market. The position will be located in Charlotte, NC.
At Electrolux, design is a global function with around 150 design professionals in seven locations worldwide. We are a diverse studio with a great mix of experience and emerging talent. This designer role is the perfect position for anyone with the ambition to create outstanding products and services that consumers will love. In many cases you will be working closely with the development team, from initial concept all the way through to final production. Our team takes a user-focused approach, acting as a strong advocate for the consumer’s needs throughout the end to end journey of the brand experience. We are especially looking for candidates that are open to new thinking, agile and energetic to join our ambitious and hardworking family.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Able to use appropriate skills, sketching, 3D modeling, rendering, animation and video, to define and communicate product concepts.
- Create effective and appropriate visual design languages by understanding the meaning and effect of these on the brand, audience, market and culture.
- Create broad differentiated and relevant scenarios/ themes/ concepts that explore potential or articulate an innovative proposition.
- Ability to analyze market and design trends and apply through design thinking.
- Communicate ideas clearly (story telling) and persuasively at an individual and group level.
- Apply and define interface and interaction principles. Define and apply general usability principles (in partnership with other competencies e.g. Interaction Design, Product Graphics, etc.)
- Create and manage documentation of Industrial Design specifications (2D and 3D data, check point presentation material etc.) at appropriate checkpoints.
- Ensure a high-quality Design output, respecting business requirements, brand values and design excellence.
- Able to manage multiple projects, typically for a specific brand/product line.
- Build relationships, team-ship with internal & external stakeholders.
- Meet internal and external deadlines according to project planning.
- Project planning and model making management with external vendors.
- Able to create and support the design specification of a product or a range of products within a category in collaboration with Design Manager as part of the multifunctional team.
- Strive for best-in class design solutions to meet or exceed the needs of internal and external customers.
- Knowledge of consumer segmentation and target groups.
- Support design quality thinking in regards to appeal, usability and Fit Feel Finish from consumer perspective.
- Balance the relationship between product properties, design elements, business goals, marketing directions, consumer trends, technology and environmental issues.
- Create functional product concepts that appropriately address the user-context requirements.
- Able to solve problems and support milestone management to achieve deadlines.
- Bachelor’s degree in appropriate field such as Industrial Design or Product Design
- 1+ years of relevant experience in one or more specific business domain
- Recognized within their competency peer group for their expertise and talent in their field and their specific competency knowledge and capability. May have won award(s) and hold IP
to travel and represent the design team in Multi-Functional meetings
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- International mindset, better if strengthened with assignments in countries different from the one of origin.
- Entrepreneurial drive.
- Proven ability to develop strong teams and systems, preferably in a multi-cultural environment.
- A proven and recognized sense for design.
- Ability to communicate the Design vision.
- Ability to implement all aspects of the design process.
- Solid understanding of design methods, tools and processes.
- Understanding of basic engineering, tooling and market inputs.
- Ability to transfer good design into manufacturable products.
- Understanding the importance of good design and brand values, and their impact on the business.
- Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- The ability to think outside of the box and look into the future.
- Strong organizational abilities.
- Drive, Energy & Passion.
- Learning agility.
- Team player, able to work effectively in a matrix organization and to build networks.
- Integrity, honesty and morale.
- Fluent in English.
- Other languages are a benefit.