Plan, design, develop, automate, justify, procure, and implement manufacturing processes in a cost-effective manner.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Define the sequence of manufacturing process including material flow, line balance and assembly method for operators, as well as the calculation of the standard hours for new products
- Determine the capacity of production and process
- Improve production processes through the application of lean manufacturing techniques to reduce waste, costs and increase the quality.
- Advance line balance
- Layout change using AutoCAD
- Ergonomics studies
- Work station design
- 5S, 7 waste, VSM, Problem-solving. OEE
- Develop and implement effective workplace layouts for the facility on introduction and implementation of projects.
- Support the project team through the timely assessment and acquisition of tools, tooling/fixtures, storage equipment, and material handling equipment.
- Provide Industrial Engineering expertise to all projects.
- Timely completion of projects and reports.
- Cost justification and accountability
- Process and equipment specification
- Process and equipment, procurement and implementation
- Train and assist equipment operators, maintenance technicians in areas of responsibility
- Troubleshoot and analyze process and equipment performance for improved quality and uptime
- Environmental compliance
- BS Degree in Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or related 4-year degree required
- Experience with packaging, layouts, conveying & product handling preferred
- Appliance or similar product assembly experience a plus
- Disciplined and organized personality
- Ability to respond quickly and positively to change as well as acting as a change catalyst
- Strong technical and analytical skills
- Intellectual curiosity and a passion for getting involved in all aspects of the business
- Ability to solve unstructured business and problems and lead multiple priorities with little day to day direction
- Proficient in computer systems
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Business orientation, strategic thinking, leadership, decision making, project leadership, engineering specific skills.