A REGULAR DAY AT WORK (Essential Duties):
For us going to work every day has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By being sustainable and open to new ideas we can push the boundaries of cooking, cleaning, and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
In this role you will identify and implement improvement activities that result in sustained product and operational cost reductions in a high speed/high volume manufacturing facility. You will be responsible for engineering activities to improve the manufacturing process in the areas of safety, efficiency, quality and cost. You will work to champion 1-3-year improvement plans while supporting plant manufacturing processes. You will champion continuous improvement by conducting kaizen events on the factory floor, identify and implement management systems to eliminate variation within operations (material flow, fabrication, finishing and assembly) and perform other miscellaneous assignments, as directed, to support facility, manufacturing and engineering functions. You will also be responsible for performing a variety of engineering duties related to the planning and design of manufacturing processes for new products, improving existing methods, initiating design changes for cost effectiveness and complete value add/nonvalue added analysis. You will maintain and audit productivity data to assure accurate efficiency and utilization of manpower per labor standards.
- Conduct new product review and feedback for improvements in manufacturability during the initial phases of design through implementation and attend process review and safety/ergonomic buyoff meetings for new model processes and support budget development as applicable
- Perform vendor searches and equipment evaluation to ensure adequate capability to produce quality product in required quantities at an effective cost to develop equipment, materials and process performance requirements
- Assist with standard time studies, line balance, workstations design, standardized work instructions and manning requirements
- Promote lean manufacturing operations with 5S, Poke Yoke, Kaizen, Kanban, TPM, SMED and other initiatives, to continuously improve upon our own records
- Analyze new processes and equipment with the intent of achieving continuous improvement using pilot runs and new model launches supporting and developing process flow charts and work instructions
- Generates capital investment request (IR's) required for new process implementation and controls expenditures to ensure compliance with timing and budget requirements
- Identify and comply with all health, safety, and environmental programs, policies and procedures and develop process documentation and trains personnel on new processes, materials, and equipment
- Build, implement, and maintain PFEP (Plan For Every Part) for assembly lines. Implement Pull Signals, Kanbans and identify opportunities with operations for improved line-side presentation and material flow/replenishment
- Design layouts, zoning and planning for efficient shopping and delivering processes in warehouse operations
WHO YOU ARE:
- With a number of projects running simultaneously, flexibility and agility are essential.
- Both reactive and proactive, you work efficiently and flexibly to deliver results.
- With an eye for detail and the ability to interpret complex data, you can also translate this into meaningful, useful information that informs decision-making.
- You ask and you listen, you take ideas on board and work with your team, taking everyone in the same direction.
- You set the pace and the priorities, and then you bring a methodical approach to meeting your goals.
- You can work autonomously but will never be on your own, working proactively to identify the opportunities and implement the plan.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (Minimum Qualifications):
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
- 3+ years’ experience working in a manufacturing environment
- Strong computer skills particularly Microsoft Office applications and CAD
- Solid knowledge of bill of materials, labor standards and routing
- Knowledge and demonstrated abilities in Problem Solving, Lean Manufacturing, Waste Elimination and Floor Kaizen
- Hands on experience in line balancing, time studies, work instructions and labor routings are critical