A REGULAR DAY AT WORK (Essential Duties):
For us going to work every day has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By being sustainable and open to new ideas we can push the boundaries of cooking, cleaning, and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
In this role you will be responsible for engineering activities to improve the manufacturing process in the areas of safety, efficiency, quality and cost. Services are provided in the area of Process Improvement Engineering (lean manufacturing processes), to ensure productivity levels are obtained and sustainable. You will have hands on experience in line balancing, time studies, work instructions and labor routings are critical. You will work directly with manufacturing engineers in a team environment for problem solving, buy-in and support of new processes. You will work on implementing and promoting the lean manufacturing operation, 5 S’s discipline, Poka Yokes design, KAIZEN, KANBAN, TPM, DFP, QUALITY CIRCLES, DMAIC, SMED, DFEP, and other initiatives, to continuously improve upon our own records. You will conduct standard time studies and line balances while developing process flow charts, work instructions, IE forms and procedures.
- Work stations design (Layouts) Standardized work sheets & Head counting developing
- Placing and ordering of production tooling
- Leading cost reduction projects
- Train production operators and assist training new personnel
- Equipment and machinery installation assistance
- Tooling and fixtures design, including tooling and fixtures control
- Support pilot runs and new models launch
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (Minimum Qualifications):
- BS degree in Industrial Engineering
- 3+ years’ experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience in manufacturing environment in areas such as industrial and process improvement engineering and related support areas
- Significant experience in cross-functional manufacturing processes and thorough understanding of lean manufacturing principles
- Experience with scheduling project timelines and follow through on all phases including cost, quality, and time and following up on several projects’ deadlines with a track record of successfully completing projects on time
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in leading process improvements through 5-S and other work balance and labor-saving initiatives. Demonstrated “ownership” in equipment/process uptime and efficiencies and utilization.
- Experience in development of preventative and predictive maintenance schedules to insure continuous uptime of equipment in area of responsibility.
- Strong mathematical skills including ability to compute rate, ratio, percent and to draw/interpret bar graphs to deliver projects on time and on cost targets
- Computer literate including AutoCAD, Microsoft Office, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.