A REGULAR DAY AT WORK
For us going to work every day has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It is about improving the everyday lives of millions. By being sustainable and open to new ideas we can push the boundaries of cooking, cleaning, and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
this role you will develop and maintain production processes’ that meet
expectations of capacity, safety, and scrap rate, start-up/ change-over time
and customer requirements. You will use good judgement and skills in
troubleshooting root-causes and implementing corrective measures to chronic
issues with meeting production targets. You
will have experience with time studies to develop productivity targets and be
able to implement the latest productivity systems, plant layout and material
- Define the sequence of manufacturing process including material flow, routings, line balance and assembly method for operators, as well as the calculation of the standard hours for new products.
- Determine the capacity of production and process while working to improve processes through application of lean manufacturing techniques to reduce waste, costs and increase the quality.
- Assist with advance line balance, layout change using AutoCAD and ergonomics studies and workstation design.
- Develop and implement effective workplace layouts for the facility on introduction and implementation of projects.
- Support the project team through the timely assessment and acquisition of tools tooling/fixtures, storage equipment, and material handling equipment.
- Understand and manage complex routings systems and various data analytics software.
- Provide Industrial Engineering expertise to all projects including cost justification and accountability, process and equipment specification, procurement and implementation.
- Train and assist equipment operators, maintenance technicians in areas of responsibility working across functions to troubleshoot and analyze process and equipment performance for improved quality and uptime.
WHO YOU ARE
- With a number of projects running simultaneously, flexibility and agility are essential.
- You work with urgency, analyzing, and adapting to different situations, quickly understanding changes and reacting confidently and decisively.
- You always strive for better, in your work and for your future.
- You build trust, good working relationships and communicate effectively with your colleagues and across functions.
- You start and you finish, taking leadership of getting things done, on time and to high quality, tying up all the loose ends along the way.
- You’re open minded about where ideas come from and how they can be applied to enable innovation.
- You love to explore new ideas and drive continuous improvement, not only to do your best work but to develop your capabilities and acquire new skills.
- You see challenge as opportunity.
- You can work autonomously but will never be on your own, working proactively to identify the opportunities and implement the plan.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial or Mechanical Engineering required.
- 3+ years’ experience preferred in Industrial and Mechanical systems experience including packaging, layouts, routings, conveying and product handling.
- Appliance or similar product assembly experience.
- Proficient in Office Products (Excel, Word and PowerPoint).
- Proficient in AutoCAD.
- Experience in plant startups and high-speed manufacturing a plus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to operate computer keyboard and telephone. The employee frequently is required to drive, walk, stand and sit. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.