Industrial Engineer Technician
Industrial Engineering Technician (Sr. Development Engineering technician)
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Participate in new product or system development including build and test of both prototype and production cooking products. Detailed knowledge of laboratory procedures, fundamental understanding of mechanical and electrical technologies and strong analytical/troubleshooting skills are necessary to be successful in this role.
• Independently perform design experiments; some tests may require non-standard procedures and complex instrumentation. Compile and analyze test data. Report test results and provide feedback and suggestions for improvement.
• Maintain detailed documentation of testing results and unit history.
• Perform agency tests per UL 858, CSA C22.2, ANSI 21.1, and internal test specifications with minimal supervision.
• Exhibit appropriate professional behavior including positive attitude, sense of urgency, independent judgment, teamwork, creative thinking and personal integrity to achieve department/corporate goals and objectives.
• Work effectively and cooperatively with team members, direct supervisor, and members of other work groups; establish and maintain good working relationships.
QUALIFICATIONS AND BASIC SKILLS:
• Associates Degree in technical field and two years of technical experience (preferred) or High School Diploma/GED plus six years vocational or technical experience in electrical/mechanical related field.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Above average verbal and written skills. Communicate clearly and concisely verbally and in writing to all levels of the organization.
• Able to read and write in English.
• Able to bend, stoop, grip, reach and lift up to 40 lbs. on a repetitive basis.
• Able to stand for the majority of the shift.
• Ability to work independently on multiple projects with shifting priorities and deadlines.
• Experience with technical standards a plus.