Industrial Engineer TechnicianSPRINFIELD
BS degree in Industrial or Manufacturing, Production or related
0 + 1 years of experience on manufacturing environment.
Experience including packaging, layouts, conveying & product handling required; Appliance or similar product assembly experience.
Physical Demands: This position works in both an office environment and a manufacturing environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Occasional travel may be required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job
This position works in both an office environment and a manufacturing environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Occasional travel may be required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job
I. Provides support and improvement of manufacturing processes throughout the facility. Activities performed include Industrial and Process Improvement Engineering (lean manufacturing processes), to ensure the volume and productivity levels committed in Class “A” metrics, reliability of manufacturing processes, ergonomic considerations for a safe and continuous operations, risk-free to the operators; on-time delivery of products .
II. Principal Accountabilities:
1. Works directly with manufacturing team in a team environment for problem solving, buy-in and support of new processes.
2. Implementation & promotion the lean manufacturing operation, 5 S’s discipline, Poka Yokes design, KAIZEN, KANBAN, TPM, DFP, QUALITY CIRCLES, DMAIC, SMED and other initiatives, to continuously improve upon our own records
3. Work stations design (Layouts)
4. Standardized work sheets & Head counting developing
5. Standard Time studies & line balance
6. Process flow chart & Work Instructions developing.
7. Production tooling purchasing order placing.
8. Cost reduction projects leading (involvement).
9. Development of IE forms, work instructions and procedures.
10. Production operators Trainer & New Personnel training helper.
11. Equipment and machinery installation assistance.
12. Tooling and fixtures design, including tooling and fixtures control.
13. Responsible to apply all the requirements related to EMS, ISO requirements according to the position.
III. Skills Required and Qualifications:
1. Define the sequence of manufacturing process including material flow, line balance and assembly method for operators, as well as the calculation of the standard hours
2. Determine the capacity of production and process.
3. Material handling improvements
4. Production line configuration
5. Develop installation and assembly routines which provide a high level of ergonomic compliance.
6. Proficient layout change using AutoCAD
7. Significant experience in cross-functional manufacturing processes and thorough understanding of lean manufacturing principles.
8. Excellent communication skills and unique ability to provide direction of technical and complex issues to non-technical personnel in a manner that is fully understood and supported.
9. Experience in follow up several projects at same time and deadlines, track record of successfully completing projects on time.
10. History of successful experience in the development of high performance work teams including establishing training and development processes.
11. Computer literate including AutoCAD, Microsoft Office, excel, PowerPoint, etc.
12. Experience in uptime improvements, scrap reductions process and ownership of area form and processes delivery standpoint.
13. Knowledge on 5S, 7waste,VSM, Problem Solving, OEE, Advance line Balance.
IV. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED
Business orientation, strategic thinking, leadership, decision making, project leadership, engineering specific skills
V. INTERNAL/EXTERNAL COMMUNICATION
This position requires communication with external and internal customers helping them trouble shoot any problems. Conflict resolution skills are used in a variety of ways.
VI. Required Languages