Industrial Engineering Technician - 1st Shift (B)
Industrial Engineering Technician works with the Industrial Engineer to develop
and improve production processes. This position will use good data collection
and problem-solving skills to troubleshoot root-causes. They will also assist
with implementing corrective measures or improvements to the production
processes. The individual should be proficient in time studies, layouts, and
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Determine the capacity of production and process.
- Improve production processes through application of lean manufacturing techniques to reduce waste, costs and increase the quality.
- Layout change using AutoCAD.
- Ergonomics studies and work station design.
- Understand and utilize 5S, 7 Waste, VSM AND Problem Solving.
- Create and maintain Job Detail Sheets.
- Perform time studies that include a detail breakdown of value added, non-value added, and waste.
- Timely completion of projects and reports.
- Train and assist equipment operators, maintenance technicians in areas of responsibility.
- Bachelor’s or Associate degree in Industrial, Mechanical, or Manufacturing Engineering required
- Proficient in Office Products (Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
- Proficient in AutoCAD
- Internships or Co-op experience in Industrial and Mechanical systems including packaging, layouts, conveying and product handling
- Appliance or similar product assembly experience
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to operate computer keyboard and telephone. The employee frequently is required to drive, walk and sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.