architecture to satisfy the consumer opportunities as defined by Product Board
Drive and manage projects
- Propose and define new Product Architectures and new Product Concepts within timing and costs targets set by Global Product Board.
- Act as system integrator of technologies and technology modules developed in APD and guarantee standardization, ensure proper interfaces with the existing architectures and modules.
- Theoretical and experimental analysis
- Ensure that new product architectures and Concepts are in line with :
global standards (performances, modularity, safety, etc) taking into consideration also regional requirements
product targets (cost , IP,quality, standards,design for assemblyand performancefor all variances foreseen ) and must guarantee the correct behaviour of each modules included (electrical, electronics , etc. )
- Development of innovative solutions by designing, building and testing functional prototypes in workshop and lab
- Contribute to the definition and regular update of the Technology Roadmap
- Interaction with experts in different scientific fields and working in different areas e.g. electronics, chemistry, materials, industrial design, marketing
- The projects concern e.g. new materials, processing technologies, performance testing and evaluation (solution and verification by prototyping), environmental impact, cost efficiency and manufacturing issues.
- Performance testing in laboratory and concept verification at the consumer level based on prototype.
- Analysis and improvement of existing technologies and searching for new innovative materials and applications.
- Develop an external network to universities, research institutes and innovation partners to follow-up the technical and scientific state of the art and transfer innovative concepts/technologies to cooking appliances.
- Technical Project management in own product category or Project manager in larger projects with external parties or cross product category internally
- Technology scouting and feasibility studies to identify potential applications in our products;
- Benchmarking other industries;
- Technical Area Management to drive strategy within core technologies
- The design, development and project management of new products or technology modules as directed according to the requirements of the Generation Plan.
- Drive and manage projects in the areas of
New platform or subsystem projects
New features and aesthetical design
Platform or subsystem standardization
Innovation, Intellectual Property
- Lead project teams
- Support and drive projects from project definition to the approval of series production
- Reports in CP-meetings/steering team meetings
- Ensure that new products/projects fit into the platform and subsystem structure
- Create invest requests when applicable
- Participate in platform- and variant teams
- Define input for BOM (+/-)
- Organize test- and pilot series with the production
- Contacts with internal and external suppliers
- Use development/quality tools like FMEA´s, project planning tools, quality plans, test plan and follow up actions
- Ensure creation of component specification
- Align and drive completion of product or technology module specifications from Product Line
- Control costs to targets (product/technology module cost and project CAPEX)
- Support user manual creation
- Precision in project target achievement
- Complexity reduction
- SCR reduction
Key functional qualifications
Advanced Prototype Building
Drafting & simulation of Performances
Technology research and scouting
Knowledge (Ability to Learn)
Extensive knowledge of engineering concepts and materials (for example metals and plastics, hardware, software or electronic systems, and etc.)
Sound understanding of quality assurance principles
Knowledge of a wide variety of production processes
Familiar with ISO Principles
Applicable Regulations and Standards
Skills / Experience
Familiar with the use of relevant design software
Project Management skills
Good judgement, problem solving and decision making skills
Knowledge of ECR (Engineering Change Request) and ECN (Engineering Change Notice) systems
Ability to prioritize projects and self-manage own workload
Ability to work with and build relationships with people at all levels within the organization
Ability to work in a cross-functional matrix organization
Ability to work in a team environment and contribute to team and project meetings
Ability to work in an open plan office if necessary
Good written, verbal communication and presentation skills
Attention to detail, and accuracy in numeracy, reporting and presenting
Degree in Engineering or Design related discipline or equivalent industry experience.