Innovation Expert - FEA
Responsible for leading design, development and perform FEM simulations of components and system for refrigeration systems across all cold technology centers (Latin America, North America, Europe and South East Asia). Electrolux-NA is a high-volume manufacture of domestic and international refrigerators, consisting of Top mount, Side by Side, Bottom Mount, Freezers and some commercial applications.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Technical leadership and support for the design, development and qualification of cooling system components and/or sub-assemblies relating to the sealed systems group. Some component parts include compressors, condensers, evaporators, fans, and others.
- Effective leadership of collaborative sessions within and outside refrigeration team to gather information and vet technical opportunities, consumer needs, and optimized designs.
- Integrate refrigeration and structural system components directed by technology domain, Global and Local architectures teams.
- Contribute to a cross-functional team as required to support the development of future projects.
- Play a key role in new product development, interacting closely with the physics and software development teams to transition product prototypes through all the development stages into product release.
- Coordinate activities concerned with technical developments, scheduling and resolving engineering design and test problems. Interface with other departments on product compliance.
- Coordinate engineering activities with other departments including change plans, engineering changes, performance/agency testing and trial runs.
- Support knowledge transfer to product care and manufacturing.
- Mentor other engineers on the refrigeration systems team.
- Design, development, and qualification of cooling system components and/or sub-assemblies relating to the sealed systems of domestic and international refrigerators, consisting of Top mount, Side by Side, Bottom Mount and Freezers.
- Assist with standard regulation changes, by supporting the mechanical cooling systems for all domestic products.
- Product certification for international markets.
- Develop and initiate new product features and system performance.
- Initiate and develop ideas that result in system performance improvements.
- Evaluate and recommend improvements to existing components and products.
- Benchmark of competitor’s appliances.
- Support the Advanced Food Preservation Team to develop and improve the Electrolux cooling system energy simulation tool.
- Create routines for cooling system virtual simulations.
- Run FEM (Finite Element Method) simulation to optimize and improve geometries and solutions.
- Integrate FEM (Finite Element Method) analysis with testing results to reach best in class solutions.
- Responsible for validation studies that compare simulation product results to experimental tests and other numerical results with a particular focus on structural and product performance.
- Integrate customer needs in best in class products to improve customer experience.
- Maintain and update road map of technologies.
- Bachelor’s Degree (BS) in Mechanical Engineering or related technical BS degree with a minimum of 5 years related engineering experience or Master's in Mechanical Engineering
- Expert knowledge of Structural and Dynamic Simulation.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Project Management software and Energy Simulation tool.
- Knowledge of Finite Element Method and skill to work with FEM software.
- Knowledge of computational algorithm development as well notion in computer programming language.
- Proficient with tools associated with new project development activities; Stage gate development processes, DFMEA, Design reviews, project planning, part tracking and milestone schedule management.
- Strong understanding of engineering principles, project management and new product development activities to create, design, develop and implement new features for refrigeration group.
- Understanding of design for manufacturing assembly (DFMA/ Six Sigma) principals to facilitate design integration into the manufacturing process.
- Highly motivated individual that has a strong drive for results; communicates effectively both in written and verbal communication formats, holds people accountable for goal attainment and coordinates all project actions and design details to deliver on team and project commitments.
- Experience interacting and/or leading projects within a global matrixed structure.
- Advanced degree in engineering, business, project management or related field.
- Design of Experiments knowledge.
- Knowledge of various manufacturing and quality processes related to refrigeration systems.
- Skills to work with Virtual Reality.
- Experience with refrigeration systems, consumer goods, and/or appliance industry.
- Related international experience is a plus (Latin America, Europe, Asia and Australia)
- Ability to understand the refrigeration business objectives and when they apply, ensure those objectives are delivered at the project level.
- Creative, personally committed, resourceful problem solver capable of leading a project from inception through project implementation.
- Specialization degree in Structural Simulation or Master degree.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to operate computer keyboard and telephone. The employee frequently is required to drive, walk and sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.