Interim Customer Marketing Specialist – 12 months Fixed Term Contract
Luton, United Kingdom
Make our story come to life.
The primary objective of this role is to input into the development and then manage and execute an outstanding trade marketing plan alongside the Senior Customer Marketing Manager for this crucial sales channel.
Key to the success of this role will be a really thorough understanding of the Independent Electrical Channel and its’ retailers. This will include how they operate on a day to day basis, how they are evolving in the current business climate, what marketing activities really resonate with their consumers and what we can do to ensure that Electrolux remains their strategic partner of choice.
The focus for the Channel from a sales and marketing perspective is to continue to develop a programme for our “Destination Store Retailers” – our leading retailers in this Channel who are committed to our company and our brands. In addition, as our Electrolux business becomes increasingly more digitally focused, it’s vital that these activities are driven and maximised in this more traditional channel, particularly with some of the large scale independent retailers who are keen to take advantage of our digital expertise.
As part of the Marketing Team, you will be responsible for driving strong co-operation and collaboration within your team and between the marketing functions, as well as building strong co-operation with internal commercial departments. You will be responsible for ensuring that all activity is delivered within agreed budget parameters and to time.
• Relationship building - Essential to this role is the ability to establish, enhance and grow working relationships with the following internal audiences: Channel Head, Key Account Manager, Channel Sales Team, Brand Team, Product Line Team, Finance Dept.
The Customer Marketing Specialist will work towards ensuring that the marketing approach from Electrolux is recognised as that of a market leading supplier and contributes to the ambition of being the preferred supplier to its customer base. Particular attention should be paid to ensuring that there are first class working relationships with external stakeholders as follows:
- Account Marketing Team
- Account Management Team
• Strategy Implementation - Essential to this role is the ability to understand, prepare and execute activities that are in line with the strategic direction of the Channel alongside the Senior Customer Marketing Manager. The Customer Marketing Specialist should also champion and deliver the agreed brand strategy for AEG and Zanussi within the Channel.
• Promotional plan - Ensure that the national consumer promotion plan issued from the Brand Team is well executed. This involves the consistent flow of information to Accounts to enable them to implement any activity. The Customer Marketing Specialist should have a full appreciation of the process required by Accounts and ensure that this is followed and maintain at all times. Particular attention should be paid to ensuring that Electrolux brand promotions
receive maximum exposure both online and instore. The Customer Marketing Specialist has responsibility for proposing and executing an annual account staff incentive programme in line with budget and Channel Head expectations. There should also be a full understanding of the impact of promotional activity within the Account/Channel to enable recommendations to be given for additional ad hoc activity when required.
• Events – Take the lead in organising and delivering, to agreed objectives and budget, retailer and trade events within the Independent Channel which form part of the annual Marketing Plan:
- Master the Art of Taste consumer events within retailers
- National trade shows e.g. Euronics Trade Show
- Account events e.g. Regional CIH Roadshow
- Head Office based Channel Events e.g. Launch events, Annual Range Review event
- Retailer partner events e.g. Southwest Show with Spark world
• Budget management – Assist the Senior Customer Marketing Manager in preparing and managing the annual Customer Marketing budget, taking into account the requirements of the company, the Channel and the strategy to drive profitable growth. The Customer Marketing Specialist will retain responsibility for ensuring that the annual budget is adhered to and that all activities are driven by the need for a high ROI. They should work closely with the Key Account Manager to develop activities that are measureable and trackable to maximise impact and budget effectiveness.
• Reporting – Take the lead in evaluating the ROI on all of our channel activity to allow information to be relayed back to the Cluster Leadership Team.
Skills and Experience:
• Marketing qualification (degree preferred)
• Min. 3-5 years’ marketing experience in a blue-chip company
• High level of numeric, analytical & budgeting skill
• Ability to influence and present to business managers and customers at all levels
• Digital – conversant with full range of digital & social media with digital campaign experience
• PC literacy – high levels of proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word & PowerPoint
• Passion, marketing flair, and creativity
• Strong motivation to achieve
• Well organised and structured approach – strong process and operating rhythm
• Excellent communication and presentation skills in both the internal and external environment
• To actively support the Head of Marketing at all times and to make an active contribution to the Marketing Team as a whole
• Ability to manage multiple tasks, prioritise and manage time effectively – priority driven thinker
• Strong team player with good stakeholder management and networking skills
• Patient, calm and performs well under pressure
• Energy: Deliver results, Ambition, and Drive
• Openness: Consumer & Customer Focus, Cross Collaboration & Networking
• Growth: Innovation & Curiosity
• Agility: Adaptability, Judgement & Decision Making, Acumen